Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

Admins please

Make this a forum about Rewards.  The posts encouraging general posts about spending one's times have made this forum useless for those of us who come here for info about the Rewards program.  Not an attack on anyone who has posted such.  You were encouraged to do so.  Just not what this is supposed to be about.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

Management Corona virus post are a pure distraction for Extra Credit rollout.

If our post can be moved from one forum to another, or placed in 2 forums as was done by Management with my Rewards Email Promo Code. Why do these remain๐Ÿ˜ฎ?

Extra Credit is another option where you don't know number of cards offered and no winners list.

Sad state of affairs๐Ÿ˜ข

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Oh, wow, like magic.  I can't watch the forum continuously, but, now I see the new " AARP Rewards Connect" sub-forum.  When was that posted?  Why is it nearly unpopulated?

@AARPTeri will you be moving the off-topic sections that you created from "general" to the new "connect" sub-forum?  I know that points were promised and people reacted to the points offerings.  But, I just didn't see how it belonged in AARP Rewards, so, therefore, I didn't participate.

Thanks and otherwise, I hope that all is well with you and the rest of the Rewards team.

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrewtoo   ๐Ÿ™‚  Yes, I created that forum today to keep these conversations together.  We do listen ๐Ÿ™‚ and want the best experience for all of the AARP Rewards users.  I will be moving the conversations there once the contest is completed.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I too have not seen any value in the extra credit; it does not bring anything extra. It seems to me strange that AARP Reward appears to use words so carelessly. Maybe they could invest in a good dictionary? I recommend the Merriam-Webster.

Social Butterfly

I agree that the "general" sub-section of AARP Rewards is a mess and lately has little to do with AARP Rewards.

I'm sure that I miss important information because there is so many unrelated posts and topics.

@mi4090 The extra credit is a nuisance considering all the time I have spent earning points.  Extra credit is totally unnecessary.  Programing time would be better served on rewards site problems.

Thanks for your comments everybody.

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrewto, @HokiePoq  @mi4090   These discussions are all stemmed from the Connect page on AARP Rewards.  Have you seen this page before?  It is a great page on how to connect in several ways to the AARP Rewards including discussions happening in the community.  If you haven't seen it - visit it here:  https://www.aarp.org/rewards/connect/

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPTeri 

Thanks for responding, if there was only (1) forum this would not be an issue.

At what point will different unnecessary forums stop?

Thanks for lrefund us know.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPTeri  That's fine.  I know folks were encouraged to post this type of thing.  None of  us are attacking those who posted such in response.  Those posts just should not be on the Rewards forum. Those posts should be in a separate connect forum or division.   I am accustomed to getting information from the forums and really don't want to sift through the social posts.  I do that on Facebook and if I wanted to do so with AARP, there are many discussion forums to choose from.

Just my opinion.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@HokiePoq and @mi4090   Thank you for your input.  We had an amazing response rate for this question and are sorry to hear your feedback. 

We do have the Earn, Redeem and Tips folders to break out for other discussions but definitely will consider utilizing a new folder for future discussions like these.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Yes.  Please utilize a new folder for these discussions.  I feel that they are general discussions.  Just because this folder is called "general it" is a subfolder of the "AARP Rewards" and these discussons have nothing to do with the Rewards program.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

The first day all the corona virus post appeared I asked the creator why place them in this forum to no avail.

These post were created an appeared on the same day the Extra credit activities appeared and were meant to be a distraction from what is being changed on an ongoing basis with the Rewards program๐Ÿ˜ข.

They're saying OK idiot, I'll distract you with these topics while we make something else more difficult for you.  Just my opinion๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for also recognizing these posts.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  I don't know what the motivation was but such posts belong in other AARP forums.  This month so far has not been a productive one for me.   So unproductive I am unmotivated to accumulate points.   No weekly prizes which were very nice,   many daily ones I don't try for but perhaps someone would want, and not much in the way of points only deals.   I did see a couple of deals at the beginning of the month that now I wished I'd gone for.  Like to have some redemptions left in case something good comes up at the end of the month but that strategy backfired this month.   

I've said so before but saving $1 or $2 on gift cards is a very poor idea.   The marketing term "slippage" really applies here.   More people are likely to forget or lose a card than  to accumulate any significant savings.    Such "rewards" are not rewards at all.   I  do appreciate the opportunity to use points to donate to the foundation which helps seniors in need. 

Hope you are doing well, Marylin.   I'm watching what happens in TN thinking of you.   Thanks for working to keep the forum on topic.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

The Rewards site is a disappointment, I got some streaming cards due to Stay at Home first of last month.  I looked maybe once a week since I hit my limit in the first 5 days.

Nothing of value to me,  hopefully things will get better and important issues are fixed (i.e. Transaction History).

You and family stay safe๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP