Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Add Tags Option after Posting to a Thread

Trusted Social Butterfly

Add Tags Option after Posting to a Thread

Hello General Community,

I noticed that after the enhancements and Community was split into (4) forums that the Add Tags option that allows you to add tags after you've posted your message has disappeared.

Is anyone else missing that option now?  Would like to know if it's my log in only?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Using desktop here (I never use phone or tablet for general web browsing), I see an Add Tags option at the bottom of each message.

I haven't used the tags before. Is that the way it was before, allowing us to add tags to any arbitrary message?

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Ray, when you are replying to a thread it's there.  But after getting the success message there was an option to add after clicking post.  I won't add tags to this reply and post, then screenshot.  It was at the bottom, Add Tags.

Have a Blessed Day

MarylinScreenshot_2019-12-18-15-38-48.png

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090 

If you click the blue tag just under the word "tags" what happens?  I highlighted the tag by pulling from the screen capture you provided and it's below

You should be able to add tags this way.  Can you confirm?

Adding Tags on Mobile.JPG

Sandy

If this response answered your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution. This helps those who might have a similar question find the answer faster.

For more information, see How do I use the Accepted Solutions feature.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @sandy 

I don't think it's in my screenshot, but I'll look.

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 @sandy 

I bet you're seeing this on a mobile device/tablet. I see the Tags icon Sandy mentions AND the "Add Tags" string on my laptop browser.

If the browser window is narrowed enough - very much like on a phone/tablet - only the icon appears. This is probably just an artifact of mobile vs normal browsing.

On my system, clicking the icon does the same function as the text link.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

That's odd. I see that "Add tags" after every single message, both mine and others. Can you click on the icon at least, even if it doesn't say "Add tags"?

It appears to allow me to add a tag to any message, whether mine or anyone else's. Now there is a tag "Ralmon added this tag" on my previous message and "Ralmon's second tag" after your last message in this thread.

Are they global or only visible to the person who creates them? Is there a way to delete tags?

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray you are adding tags to my reply because you have the option. My screenshot after posting  shows that I only have Tags, not Add Tags.  It is weird, but I can go back and edit the message to add the Tags, it's just more work.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Good morning Marylin,

at least you found a workaround, so all is not lost. I hadn't really used the email system very much. Tagging seems like a lot of extra work in general. I'm a lazy person, I admit it with no shame.Smiley LOL

Now I'll go enjoy this fine day off with our harsh winter conditions (ha! a beautiful sunny 50s - yeah, harsh indeed)

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP