Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

AARP newsletter emails stopped

I have not received an AARP newsletter email since December 1---I used to receive several a day.

I checked the spam box and none were there, and my newsletter subscriptions still list me as being subscribed.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Bronze Conversationalist

Have not received my newsletters for many months, tried un-subscribe and re-subscribe several times, still no luck - but in the meantime getting lots of spam which start their URL - 'newsletter@spam%$$%etc...'  =  is it possible that 'hackers' hijacked/ intercepted/ interjected the AARP newsletter subscriptions of many of our members - getting our email addresses and then spamming us??

Moderator may send a note to AARP IT/ Scam Fraud office for possible investigation.

Anyhow, Moderator please re-subscribe me for:  

The Daily    ✔️     

AARP Rewards    ✔️

Webletter       ✔️   

Member Benefits Update    ✔️

TIA   😎 

11-18  Update - Received  4 Newsletters  ✔️    All-righty!  👌  

😎

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@OneDayMatisyahu Thank you for letting me know! I was able to refresh your email subscriptions and a confirmation email was sent to you. Please be sure to click the red "Confirm" button in that email to complete the opt in process. Once you click the confirmation link, you should begin receiving the newsletters regularly again. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having the same problem. I signed up for a bunch of newsletters, was receiving so many that I unsubscribed from some of them but am not receiving any of them now. I've checked my Spam, Trash, blocked addresses, etc., and "aarp" is not in any of them. It shows that I am still subscribed to several but don't get anything anymore.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@SondraO472179 Let's get this fixed. I sent you an opt-in email, please be sure to click the "Confirm" button in the email. This should get you opted back in and you will start receiving the newsletters as they are published. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  It's

been going on for months.  I have chatted, talked to customer service and nothing has been done to remedy this.  Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@cs4743 I sent you a private message for more information in order to get this resolved. I look forward to speaking with you further!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes, I am still having the same problem.

I have called support numerous times but it still does not work.

How do you  read the newsletters online?

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

As of May 3, 2022 I am still not getting the newsletters.

if there was another way to read them it would not matter.

I have given up contacting AARP support.

This really bums me out.

😒

Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 I was able to look into this and I see that your email newsletter preferences were changed on April 8 & 9. It can take up to 10 business days for the changes to reflect. You should begin receiving your newsletters as expected this week. You can review your subscriptions and make changes to them online. Learn more here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive  I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no newsletter emails.

It is now May 3, 2022.

Is there a way to view them online instead?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 Thank you for letting me know that you still aren't receiving the newsletters. It looks like your email address was actually unsubscribed on April 9. I did a refresh on your email address and email subscriptions. You should receive an email asking you to opt in or to confirm your email address again. Please be sure to click on that email so that we can get you re-subscribed.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks Janelle!

I received 2. newsletters today!

You fixed the problem!

Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 Fantastic! I'm glad I could help! You are most welcome 😊

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Janelle.

I just wanted to let you know that the newsletters stopped coming soon after you fixed it.  Is there another way to read them without emailing?
Thanks and I am grateful for the AARP!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 Hey, let's check on this. I see that we have sent 17 newsletters to you since Nov 1. Have you not received any of these emails or are you missing specific newsletters? Let me know and I will do my best to get to the bottom of it!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not been receiving the AARP Rewards newsletters.  I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing, but no luck.  Any suggestions to get the newsletter reinstated?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV Thanks for letting me know. I looked into your email subscriptions and I see that you were opted back into the AARP Rewards newsletter on April 20. It can take up to 10 business days for the changes to fully process. If you'd like to confirm which newsletters you're opted in to receive, I invite you to visit: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive  I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

As of today, the AARP Rewards Newsletter has not been received.  Any other suggestions to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV I appreciate you taking the time to reach out again. I was able to escalate this to our web team for further assistance. You can expect to hear back from them within 3-5 business days. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I still have not received a response.  It is very frustrating the time and effort it takes to get this resolved.  Why does AARP offer newsletters when members can't access them?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV I sent this up to our tier 2 team for further assistance with receiving your AARP Rewards Newsletter. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. You should receive a response within 3-5 days. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Again, I am not receiving the AARP Rewards Newsletters or Webletters.  The last correspondence received was 9/27/22.  I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing, but no luck.  This is the third time in six months this has happened.  Please advise what can be done to correct this.  Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV Thanks for letting me know you're having this issue again. Your email address was opted out on 10/8/2022. I sent you the opt in email so you can start receiving those email newsletters again. Be sure to click the red "Confirm" button in the email to complete your request. Let me know if you need anything further!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I received your email last week and opted in.  As of today, no newsletters have been received.  Anything else I can do to solve this situation?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV Great! I do see that you confirmed your email address again. Thank you! It looks like you're only signed up for a few newsletters. Your Rewards newsletter was sent on Nov 3. Did you receive it? Be sure to also check your spam folders. 

You can adjust which newsletters you're signed up for on our site: How To Update My AARP Email Newsletters Subscriptions

0 Kudos
Contributor

I did receive the 11/3 AARP Rewards Account Summary.  I still have not received the AARP Advocate (monthly), Weekly Webletter, Member Benefits Update (weekly) or AARP Rewards (2x weekly.)

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV I understand. I refreshed your subscriptions and you should begin receiving the emails as they are published. If you don't begin receiving them soon, please let me know and we will get this escalated for further assistance. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

It has been one week since your 11/9 reply and still no subscriptions have been received.  Does it typically take this long to resolve an issue?  I first contacted you on 10/27 and find this very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV I'm so sorry for the frustration this has caused. I sent you a private message for more info so we can create an escalation for you. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP