Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

AARP newsletter emails stopped

I have not received an AARP newsletter email since December 1---I used to receive several a day.

I checked the spam box and none were there, and my newsletter subscriptions still list me as being subscribed.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Contributor

Good morning,

Again, I am not receiving your newsletters.  The last one received was 3/24/23.

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV There was a change made to your subscriptions on March 10. I sent the confirmation email again, please be sure to click the red button to confirm your email address to get your newsletters back on track again. You know where to find me if you need anything further!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Still not receiving newsletters.  You sent an email asking me to opt in, which I did.   Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV Here to help! I see you opted back in to two newsletters on April 30. Only 3 emails have been sent since then. Did you receive the AARP Rewards emails on May 2, 5 & 9? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have the same issue for the last 6 months called twice still not resolved can you help?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@BettyB866475 Thanks for reaching out, Betty. Did you click the "Confirm" button in the email that we sent you on Oct 27? I sent you another email confirmation now so we can try to get you opted back in to the newsletters. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I did not receive the October email.  The young mam said I should recruit it in 29 minutes.  I thought that was odd so I called back and spoke to another young man an hour later advised I did not get the email.  He checked the system and said the prior young man’s had responded to it.  Again very odd.  I asked him to report my situation to management, however he thought since the last person acknowledged my email rather than sending it to me for confirmation it was ok.  I asked him to report it anyway.  I decided to search to determine if there may be an issue with newsletters and found you resolving the issue for others.  Thank you I received the email and confirmed.  Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Contributor

JanelleM you are Awesome.  I received about 3 Newsletters however still waiting on others.  Is the AARP Newsletter Sisters still active?  It was weekly.  Again your help was just Outstanding!!!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@BettyB866475 I'm glad I could help! The Sisters Newsletter is still active- you were opted back in for it on 11/9. You should start receiving that newsletter shortly! 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@BettyB866475 You are most welcome! Let me know if you have any issues receiving your newsletters now! Check which newsletters your opted in for online: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Likewise, I am still not getting emails.  I have called at least twice and I also did a ‘Chat.’  I refuse to spend any more time on the phone with support.  The problem is not my provider or email address.  I have received an email or two from AARP Advocate .  Whoever sends that email must be on a different system.  However, no newsletters have come to me for several months.

Community Concierge

@11320cs Have you spoken with our escalations team after the escalation was created for you? Be sure to review your newsletter subscriptions on your account: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-aarp-rewards

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hope all is well today.  On 3/18/22 I stopped receiving my Rewards Newsletter and I didn't get the Webletter until Sunday, 3/20/22. 

I've checked my account and I'm subscribed to both, plus The Daily which is still arriving.

Is there any advice you can offer on how to correct the issue? 

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.

Have a Blessed Day,

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@mi4090 We were having site outage issues as well as numerous maintenance updates that may have been affecting the delivery of your emails. I see that changes to your webletter subscriptions were made on March 23. If you have not received your emails as expected yet, please allow up to 10 business days for the changes to process.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗 hope everyone is doing well. Anyway I don't know if you can help me with this issue. I haven't received a AARP The Magazine or AARP Bulletin since last year. Do I just contact AARP ?  Thanks for your help

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 I'm here to help! I sent you a private message here on the Community channel so I can look into this for you. I look forward to speaking with you further!

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I want to thank you for looking into this. I received 3 back issues of both the magazine and newsletter last week. Again thank you for a speedy response. 

Concerned Member
Community Concierge

@al45009948 Fantastic! I'm glad you received those issues 😊 You are always welcome and you know where to find me if you need anything!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 Let's get to the bottom of this. When you have a moment, please give us a call so we can get some more information from you about the issue: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277). Thank you!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am having the same problem.  No emails.  

Community Concierge

@11320cs We're here to look into this for you. Please call us so that we can investigate this further:  1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I called AARP customer service before my original post on December 22 and then I followed JanelleM's suggestion to call customer service, but since then I have only received a points expiration notice and a couple of advocacy emails----none of my Daily emails, etc. that I am subscribed to. As I posted before, I used to get several AARP emails a day, but now I get maybe one a week if that.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 What daily emails are you missing? Let me know so I can check your newsletter subscriptions. You can also check to see what you're subscribed to in your account. Check out how: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive 

If your account is stating that you're opted in to receive a newsletter that you're not receiving, please let me know which specific one it is so I can investigate this further, thanks!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

JanelleM:

Thanks for your reply.

My subscription is below---I am receiving only about 2-3 AARP emails a month from the below list.

Since November 30, 2021, I have received about 5-6 emails including rx@aarp.url, AARP Rewards, AARP Rewards, AARP Member Benefits Update and AARP Rewards.

The Daily

AARP Rewards

Your Health

Travel Newsletter

Webletter

Member Benefits

AARP Advocate

AARP Create the Good

AARP Hot Deals

The Arrow from AARP

Health Care Update

Consumer Protection Update

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 Got it, thanks so much for that update. I sent this to our escalations team for review. You can expect to hear back from our designated team within 3-5 business days by email. Let me know if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

JanelleM:

Thanks for the reply.

I still have not received any of my Subscription emails, and I have not received an email reply from AARP regarding the problem.

Because I haven't received any Subscription emails in about two months, my opportunity to get more points has dropped considerably.

I would appreciate any any help regarding this.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. I have escalated this directly to my supervisor for assistance. You should hear back shortly. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have called AARP customer service twice since my last post on January 21 and was assured both times the problem would be taken care of. On my last phone call on February 2, AARP customer service emailed me a "Confirm Your Email" link, which I clicked on to get my AARP subscription emails to start up again----but that was a week ago and still nothing.

Since this problem started in November of last year, I would have hoped the problem would have been solved by now.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 Thanks for keeping me updated. I see changes were made to your email subscriptions on Feb 2 and it can take up to 10 business days for them to sort out. Please allow a few more days to see if you start receiving them. Have you received any newsletters at all recently?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

In one of my past phone conversations with AARP, I was told AARP accidentally misspelled my email address in November (when my subscriptions stopped), but after I called, my correct email address was added back to my account.

I called AARP again this morning and was told the correct email address is on my account and was asked what my subscriptions were----when I looked on my account, I had no subscriptions listed---they all had been unsubscribed..

In an earlier post on this forum, I listed my subscriptions that were on my account, so the subscriptions were there at that time, but all were unsubscribed since then.I didn't unsubscribe from them----but I did re-subscribe to them this morning.

Hopefully, this time it will be successful.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP