Periodic Contributor

AARP newsletter emails stopped

I have not received an AARP newsletter email since December 1---I used to receive several a day.

I checked the spam box and none were there, and my newsletter subscriptions still list me as being subscribed.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Periodic Contributor

Yes, I am still having the same problem.

I have called support numerous times but it still does not work.

How do you  read the newsletters online?

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

As of May 3, 2022 I am still not getting the newsletters.

if there was another way to read them it would not matter.

I have given up contacting AARP support.

This really bums me out.

😒

Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 I was able to look into this and I see that your email newsletter preferences were changed on April 8 & 9. It can take up to 10 business days for the changes to reflect. You should begin receiving your newsletters as expected this week. You can review your subscriptions and make changes to them online. Learn more here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive  I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Still no newsletter emails.

It is now May 3, 2022.

Is there a way to view them online instead?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 Thank you for letting me know that you still aren't receiving the newsletters. It looks like your email address was actually unsubscribed on April 9. I did a refresh on your email address and email subscriptions. You should receive an email asking you to opt in or to confirm your email address again. Please be sure to click on that email so that we can get you re-subscribed.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks Janelle!

I received 2. newsletters today!

You fixed the problem!

Community Concierge

@JeffreyW915356 Fantastic! I'm glad I could help! You are most welcome 😊

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not been receiving the AARP Rewards newsletters.  I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing, but no luck.  Any suggestions to get the newsletter reinstated?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV Thanks for letting me know. I looked into your email subscriptions and I see that you were opted back into the AARP Rewards newsletter on April 20. It can take up to 10 business days for the changes to fully process. If you'd like to confirm which newsletters you're opted in to receive, I invite you to visit: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive  I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

As of today, the AARP Rewards Newsletter has not been received.  Any other suggestions to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV I appreciate you taking the time to reach out again. I was able to escalate this to our web team for further assistance. You can expect to hear back from them within 3-5 business days. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I still have not received a response.  It is very frustrating the time and effort it takes to get this resolved.  Why does AARP offer newsletters when members can't access them?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JVV I sent this up to our tier 2 team for further assistance with receiving your AARP Rewards Newsletter. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. You should receive a response within 3-5 days. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Likewise, I am still not getting emails.  I have called at least twice and I also did a ‘Chat.’  I refuse to spend any more time on the phone with support.  The problem is not my provider or email address.  I have received an email or two from AARP Advocate .  Whoever sends that email must be on a different system.  However, no newsletters have come to me for several months.

Community Concierge

@11320cs Have you spoken with our escalations team after the escalation was created for you? Be sure to review your newsletter subscriptions on your account: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-aarp-rewards

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM 

Hope all is well today.  On 3/18/22 I stopped receiving my Rewards Newsletter and I didn't get the Webletter until Sunday, 3/20/22. 

I've checked my account and I'm subscribed to both, plus The Daily which is still arriving.

Is there any advice you can offer on how to correct the issue? 

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter.

Have a Blessed Day,

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@mi4090 We were having site outage issues as well as numerous maintenance updates that may have been affecting the delivery of your emails. I see that changes to your webletter subscriptions were made on March 23. If you have not received your emails as expected yet, please allow up to 10 business days for the changes to process.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗 hope everyone is doing well. Anyway I don't know if you can help me with this issue. I haven't received a AARP The Magazine or AARP Bulletin since last year. Do I just contact AARP ?  Thanks for your help

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@al45009948 I'm here to help! I sent you a private message here on the Community channel so I can look into this for you. I look forward to speaking with you further!

Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I want to thank you for looking into this. I received 3 back issues of both the magazine and newsletter last week. Again thank you for a speedy response. 

Concerned Member
Community Concierge

@al45009948 Fantastic! I'm glad you received those issues 😊 You are always welcome and you know where to find me if you need anything!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 Let's get to the bottom of this. When you have a moment, please give us a call so we can get some more information from you about the issue: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277). Thank you!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am having the same problem.  No emails.  

Community Concierge

@11320cs We're here to look into this for you. Please call us so that we can investigate this further:  1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I called AARP customer service before my original post on December 22 and then I followed JanelleM's suggestion to call customer service, but since then I have only received a points expiration notice and a couple of advocacy emails----none of my Daily emails, etc. that I am subscribed to. As I posted before, I used to get several AARP emails a day, but now I get maybe one a week if that.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 What daily emails are you missing? Let me know so I can check your newsletter subscriptions. You can also check to see what you're subscribed to in your account. Check out how: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/update-which-aarp-email-newsletters-i-receive 

If your account is stating that you're opted in to receive a newsletter that you're not receiving, please let me know which specific one it is so I can investigate this further, thanks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

JanelleM:

Thanks for your reply.

My subscription is below---I am receiving only about 2-3 AARP emails a month from the below list.

Since November 30, 2021, I have received about 5-6 emails including rx@aarp.url, AARP Rewards, AARP Rewards, AARP Member Benefits Update and AARP Rewards.

The Daily

AARP Rewards

Your Health

Travel Newsletter

Webletter

Member Benefits

AARP Advocate

AARP Create the Good

AARP Hot Deals

The Arrow from AARP

Health Care Update

Consumer Protection Update

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 Got it, thanks so much for that update. I sent this to our escalations team for review. You can expect to hear back from our designated team within 3-5 business days by email. Let me know if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

JanelleM:

Thanks for the reply.

I still have not received any of my Subscription emails, and I have not received an email reply from AARP regarding the problem.

Because I haven't received any Subscription emails in about two months, my opportunity to get more points has dropped considerably.

I would appreciate any any help regarding this.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know
More From AARP