Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards was Down 3-3-23 to 3-6 Early Monday

Bronze Conversationalist

AARP Rewards was Down 3-3-23 to 3-6 Early Monday

"AARP Rewards is currently Down

This may impact functionalities such as engagement with earn activities and the redemption of catalog items.

The site is expected back up shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ The above 'Official Notice' was temporarily screened on Friday 3-3-23 at around 3:25 p.m. Little while later by 4:59 p.m. it was withdrawn and the ' Scheduled Monday maintenance...' banner came back up. I copied and pasted this Official Notice. They should have kept it there...๐Ÿ˜“  till Monday  ๐Ÿ˜ฉ     ]

๐Ÿ™„  Friday - 3-3-23 ~ 3:25 pm - ish  est  I had a bit trouble logging in earlier, too. Some Instant Win and Sweeps activities had random 'tech' issues; prior to this total  'Down time'

Later, folks.........๐Ÿคž

Later 3-3 - Update - Rewards "appears to be Back Up Running"- some members are having issues, thou.....

'no points earned on videos and quizzes'  - 'missing 'point icons/ red circle with points' = which usually means there is something wrong - no points' 

Saturday -  3-4  - Early a.m. hoursest - I confirm with others - 'no points earned on videos and quizzes'  - 'missing 'point icons'  Rewards site is Down

Sunday - 3-5  -  Rewards site is Down

Monday - 3-6  - Early a.m. hours est - Rewards Site is Down

Update Monday 3-6  After 12 Noon est - Rewards Site is Open for busy-ness.

AARP Moderator is aware of Rewards Site being Down.

FYI - I confirm that you can use points/  spend on Instant Winds and Sweepstakes; but you 'can not earn points' anywhere. 

๐Ÿ™„    ( A scary and dark thought: the points 'spent now' on Instant Wins and Sweepstakes are for naught/ a waste that did not actually go to 'the gaming software servers that picks 'a winner/ time' ๐Ÿ˜จ If points aren't earned - then maybe they aren't 'really' spent on the Instant Wins and Sweepstakes ??? ๐Ÿค” ) ( If anyone out there who has 'won' an Instant Win during this 'Down time' - would you please post in this forum - prove me )

๐Ÿ˜ฎ   Looks like they're starting early with their 'scheduled maintenance'   ๐Ÿ˜“

"AARP Rewards will be performing scheduled maintenance on Monday, March 6th at 8am until 2pm EST.  During this time, cart checkout will be unavailable for making purchases. 

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience."

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning Warriors,

6:31a CST on March 5. 2023 and NO POINTS FOR DAILY LOG IN, VIDEOS, CALCULATORS OR QUIZZES, ETC.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

Videos are not crediting, again, still.  I hope this isn't going to continue until they do their maintenance on Monday morning.  We are losing money, again.  We should be compensated.

Community Concierge

I'm terribly sorry, we are experiencing a site outage. Our team is aware and they are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. We are asking our users to please try the site again later. 

@OneDayMatisyahu @mi4090 @joycerella @andrewtoo @al45009948 @shamit @zapatero @e186783b @SeanK1 @GiannisK745032 @11320cs @MichelleM50204 @RenateW69623 

Periodic Contributor

IF (big IF) your team was truly aware of this huge outage, why isn't it fixed by now? Don't you realize the effect on our 1000s of members? What reimbursement are you providing? What was the root cause? Right now we are assuming your IT dept made a change outside of their maintenance windows! Where is the accountability????

Trusted Social Butterfly

3/4/23 No daily login points or quizzes and video points. 

Contributor

I did not see a big notice on the AARP home page about technical difficulties, just one for the scheduled maintenance on Monday.  It would have been helpful.  I took the same quiz 3 times ๐Ÿ™‚

=

Bronze Conversationalist

Joycerella, 

The "big notice" was posted here temporarily at 3-3 ~ 3:25 pm -ish est Friday afternoon for a small while until member Renate replied (see bottom of this thread - first to respond)  4:59 pm - then the Reward section 'appeared' to be normal while several members first called out the 'no points' earned for video and quiz' and 'missing "point icons" too.

I came back later in the evening hours and just entered Sweeps and Instant Wins but did not try to earn points ( I had already done that in the early a.m. hours of 3-3 successfully )

Saturday 3-4 - Rewards Site is Down.

Sunday 3-5  - Rewards Site is Down

Monday 3-6 - Update - Early a.m. hours - Rewards Site is Down

So they should have kept this Notice posted since I first reported - Friday 3 - 3

------------------------------------------------------------------

"AARP Rewards is currently Down

This may impact functionalities such as engagement with earn activities and the redemption of catalog items.

The site is expected back up shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience."

------------------------------------------------------------

๐Ÿ˜ซ      ๐Ÿ˜“

Social Butterfly

Problems seem to come on Friday night for me, it seems.

It is 45 min into the day and I can't earn points?

@AARPTeri any help?

Thanks

AndrewToo
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. It's 10:54 pm est and the site seems to be down. Not receiving points for quizzes. I've tried different browsers and I get the same thing. Early today I was getting errors just trying to load the page. What are they doing to the Rewards program website? I do believe they said March 6 not March 3rd. Who was running the Rewards program back in the day when things ran smoothly. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Regular Contributor

7:10 AM on 3/4/23.  Still can't earn points for quizzes or videos.

Conversationalist

7:40 AM CST:  Still can't earn points. I knew something would go wrong over the weekend when they posted they would be doing maintenance on Monday morning.  It's like they knew they had a problem and decided to just handle it when they get back to work on Monday.  It's just another Saturday mess, like I have posted in the past.

Trusted Contributor

Can't get any points as the point icon is not on video's or quizzes

Periodic Contributor

same here, no points after completing....

Trusted Contributor

Canโ€™t earn ANY points tonight!  No points on videos or quizzes.  No point icons.

Periodic Contributor

STILL Canโ€™t earn ANY points for the second consecutive day/night!  No points can be earned on videos or quizzes (Friday & Saturday, March 3 & 4, 2023).  No point icons. All members, paid or otherwise, should be compensated with a FULL POINTS ADJUSTMENT for both days. With millions of members, this is inexcusable for a nation-wide organization.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone ๐Ÿค—. I believe everyone would agree with that. But I believe Merkel is responsible for the Rewards Program ( I don't know if it's their IT department or AARP). My membership is up in June and I don't plan on renewing it. Should I decide to participate in the Rewards program , I'll just enter the Sweepstakes. Back to the conversation. Now this is only my opinion. Greed. Who ever they have running their IT department should be fired. It's been over 40 years since I ran a IT department and when it came to any maintenance or testing, we ran it on a backup system ( using many different scenarios ( human input errors) before going live. You are supposed to have backups of the program you are updating in case you need to download the previous version . I really don't understand how a system that was running all of a sudden stops working. If it ain't broke ( actually I'm living in the past) don't mess with it. So the system will be down from Friday to Monday????? I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Trusted Contributor

Same thing here. No icon therefore no points.

Trusted Contributor

Still the same at 1:45 am Sunday pst., except the did figure out how to drop my filters on the earn page.

Super Contributor

The site is back up, but I'm still having issues.  Took several tries to log in, then I did a couple videos but didn't get points for them.  Guess I'll try again later.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP