Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Message 11 of 35

@HeidiM17876   A Cabela's $50 egift card?  My instant win option for the day is a $5 Macy's card and my weekly instant win is a Lord and Taylor.  Are we not all seeing the same instant wins?  There is nothing at all from Cabela's on my Redeem Page.  ????????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 35

How wonderful for you. I've been involved over 2 yrs but never won. Old program was better but I monitored the winners which I did find few same people winning often some very nice prizes. Not sure whats behind the decision of winners. But this is me doesn't represent others. Have a winning experience. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 35

Welcome @HeidiM17876 

Congrats on the Wkly Instant Win😀 There were daily deals for points or points/cash combination at 2pm ET daily, that members tried to win and no limits, more Sweeps that members wanted and you could bid on Auctions for deals.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 35

I'm new to the AARP site and am not familiar with how the old rewards points worked.  However, I did just win a $50 Cabelas e-gift card which was a winner of the day.  So I know you can win things at  no cost to you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 35

Completely agree rewards lack mainly using rewards points. AARP why? Get rid of mat, pill holder, golf, picture designer. We want gift cards that are valid in all states. This is truly sad!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 35

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew so do I, thus my immediate post at the beginning "Are Points Only Gift Cards Gone Forever??? "

It can be done, and it's also what I want without the limits @AARPTeri .

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 35

I'm still holding out hope.  If I don't ask for what I want then I will surely not get what I want.  I haven't given up on AARP Rewards just yet.  This program can improve its rewards offerings.  If they reduce  the "experiences" then that would give them more funds to offer cards for points.

Card offerings for points will very likely sell out...like the daily deal. If they are  good card offerings, then they should sell out.

I ask for what I want.  I know that AARP Rewards can offer gift cards for point only; they have done it before and they can do it again.  I'm still interested in these gift card offerings for points only. @AARPTeri 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!🥧🍗🥧🍗

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 35

I have to agree. This new AARP Rewards is definitely a disappointment. I enjoyed the old reward system, but this doesn't offer rewards that interest me, especially given the minimal discounts provided. I wish they would just return to the old system. I am not sure what motivated them to go this route, other than profit.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 35

I doubt that you will see much in the way of improvements regarding points only purchasing. In Rewards version 2, there are not many uses for the points we are able to build up.  If they start offering anything decent for points only, the only people who will get them are the lucky ones that saw them first, before they sell out.  If they offer better things, the number of points to buy them would have to be very high to avoid selling out.  That would just about be the same as the old auction system where too many people had ridiculous amounts of points, pricing everyone else out of the system.

Maybe in version 3, things will get better.  Yeah, I said it.  I don't think the current version can last as it is.  At least it probably won't in the minds of the people who are still here.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 35

@andrewtoo 

Andrew right about the value of useful cards being lowered😢.  Is anyone listening....duh!

$25 gift cards for Daily Instant Wins Management.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users