Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Message 1 of 37
Yep, when my membership expires, it's good bye bye Aarp, hello AMAC!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 37

I'm with you. Points are completely useless now, time is wasted on site. I've even "chatted" with agents who said "much" has changed. I mentioned using points before on car rentals and they were telling me to call companies for member discounts. Points weren't used anymore for that and MANY more rewards that were available before. Don't use valuable time accumulating useless points.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 37

@jimmiezwei- on behalf of Anne, you are most welcome! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 37

@AARPAnneH Thank You so much

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 37

Plus, we tried to use a local deal and they didn't know anything about it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 37

@jimmiezwei - happy to help. I've adjusted the mailings on your membership account that you requested to stop. Please allow up to 12 weeks as some materials are pre-printed. Have a great day!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 37

@AARPJodeeR 

how can I have my name and mailing adress removed from the pre printed mailing list.

I have looked everywhere under profile and only see the option to quit getting email.  emails I am ok with, just don't want all the junk postal mailings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 37

@catladyrn I'm here to help! I adjusted your mailings, so please allow up to 12 weeks for them to stop and have your name removed from the pre printed mailing list. Your renewal gift had been back ordered, so I've sent it today and it will arrive in about 4 weeks. Enjoy!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 37

Hello @catladyrn 

I understand, an overwhelming amount of problems with new program after all the hype.  Not a lot members interested in and several regular folks don't come to Community now.  Truly a cause for members to think twice when renewal comes up.  Some major improvements are in order.  You will be missedSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 37

I only bother to check in about once a month to see if anything's improved.  The rewards are not even worth the aggravation involved in logging in.  

My 3 year membership is up this month and I don't think I'm renewing.  Last time I renewed, I was supposed to receive a gift, which never came.  My emails to customer service apparently did not merit the courtesy of a reply.  But they have no problem sending me advertising for their overpriced insurance, over and over and over.  Not to mention, the AARP publications that come with the membership are written at about a third-grade level, as if that's what AARP thinks of its members.  So seeing the Rewards program turned into a joke is just the final straw.  Buh-bye, AARP.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors