Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Message 21 of 37

I doubt that you will see much in the way of improvements regarding points only purchasing. In Rewards version 2, there are not many uses for the points we are able to build up.  If they start offering anything decent for points only, the only people who will get them are the lucky ones that saw them first, before they sell out.  If they offer better things, the number of points to buy them would have to be very high to avoid selling out.  That would just about be the same as the old auction system where too many people had ridiculous amounts of points, pricing everyone else out of the system.

Maybe in version 3, things will get better.  Yeah, I said it.  I don't think the current version can last as it is.  At least it probably won't in the minds of the people who are still here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 37

@andrewtoo 

Andrew right about the value of useful cards being lowered😢.  Is anyone listening....duh!

$25 gift cards for Daily Instant Wins Management.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 37

@sv5213 

I won a $5 Amazon card this month.  I didn't enter most of the offerings because I was not interested.  I'm somewhat pleased with the card but, why are the more useful gift cards a lower value???

Why not a $25 Amazon Daily Instant Win, or Walmart or Target...

The limit of one per month really makes coming to the site dull after you win a Daily Instant Win.

I'm going to keep asking for rewards improvement AARP.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 37

I think the odds of "winning" a daily or weekly deal must be very low.  I received one when the program first got started but have tried problably 15-20 times since with no results.  I would rather receive a $5 gift card occasionally than have to gamble for a $50 gift card that I never "win." I very much miss the old system. There was also a greater diversity in the kinds of gifts and gift cards in the old system which I think better serves your diverse membership.  Just because we are old doesn't mean we all have the same needs or desires.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 37

Hello @JeanneC440628 

Agree on local deals, absolutely nothing I'd want.  Get some local grocery store and gas station deals.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 37

I agree. As a new member, I expected more. There are absolutely no rewards in my area, even though we have national chains and services here. It's quite disappointing. It would be nice to have more sweepstakes choices as well. Come on, AARP -- you can do better!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 37

Yes, I find the AARP Rewards a disappointment also.  The old program used to allow a person to use their points by clicking on the item of choice and then entering each day the maxium of points until the period in which the contest was over.  Who wants to pay $23.00 for a value of $25.00.  Go back to the old program.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 37

Hello @CLBS 

Agreed....Are Points Only Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 37

@CLBS 

Yes, Improve the Program...Redemption of Points Only for Gift Cards!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 37

Totally useless program.  If you are going to give me points, then let them be worth something.  Saving $2.00 on a $25.00 restaurant certificate?  Worthless.  Put some gift cards and other rewards on here that we can get by using points only.  That would be worth my time.  This pathetic program is a complete waste of time.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.