AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Message 21 of 35

@sv5213 

I won a $5 Amazon card this month.  I didn't enter most of the offerings because I was not interested.  I'm somewhat pleased with the card but, why are the more useful gift cards a lower value???

Why not a $25 Amazon Daily Instant Win, or Walmart or Target...

The limit of one per month really makes coming to the site dull after you win a Daily Instant Win.

I'm going to keep asking for rewards improvement AARP.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

I think the odds of "winning" a daily or weekly deal must be very low.  I received one when the program first got started but have tried problably 15-20 times since with no results.  I would rather receive a $5 gift card occasionally than have to gamble for a $50 gift card that I never "win." I very much miss the old system. There was also a greater diversity in the kinds of gifts and gift cards in the old system which I think better serves your diverse membership.  Just because we are old doesn't mean we all have the same needs or desires.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35

Hello @JeanneC440628 

Agree on local deals, absolutely nothing I'd want.  Get some local grocery store and gas station deals.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

I agree. As a new member, I expected more. There are absolutely no rewards in my area, even though we have national chains and services here. It's quite disappointing. It would be nice to have more sweepstakes choices as well. Come on, AARP -- you can do better!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

Yes, I find the AARP Rewards a disappointment also.  The old program used to allow a person to use their points by clicking on the item of choice and then entering each day the maxium of points until the period in which the contest was over.  Who wants to pay $23.00 for a value of $25.00.  Go back to the old program.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

Hello @CLBS 

Agreed....Are Points Only Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

@CLBS 

Yes, Improve the Program...Redemption of Points Only for Gift Cards!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

Totally useless program.  If you are going to give me points, then let them be worth something.  Saving $2.00 on a $25.00 restaurant certificate?  Worthless.  Put some gift cards and other rewards on here that we can get by using points only.  That would be worth my time.  This pathetic program is a complete waste of time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

@GlennC529142 Right now, there isn’t the ability to filter or search the Rewards catalog.

AARP Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

@AARPConnieB 

Why ask members to call a number where nobody can assist you.  Spoke with (3) Customer Service Reps and (2) Supervisors to no avail.

Everyone in Customer Service needs to be trained to stop talking and listen.  AARP where are you getting these unprofessional, no nothing, can't understand anything folks from?

Let us rate the Customer Service we receive, like other major companies (i.e. AT&T) and pay them based on how they are rated by members.  I guess the building would be emptySmiley LOLI

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views