Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards - What should a new member expect

Periodic Contributor

AARP Rewards - What should a new member expect

Hi,

I recently became an AARP Member and I'm trying out the website.

I'm being 'invited' to join this AARP Rewards loyalty program, but even after reading the description, it isn't clear what the benefits are and if there are any downsides that would cause me to regret joining.

What exactly are the "points" worth?  do these expire if not redeemed?

I don't mind earning points by playing games or viewing videos, but I don't want to sign up if it means getting a lot of 'junk' emails promoting this and that as a result of signing up.

MarcF686556

Community Concierge

@MarcF686556 Welcome to the AARP family, Marc! We created AARP Rewards to inspire you to learn, prepare and get ahead of whatever life has ahead. From health and fitness to retirement and money management, we're here to make your next steps easy, rewarding, and fun.

Once you get started, you can earn points by taking brain-boosting quizzes, tracking your fitness, signing up for newsletters and more. And as an AARP member, you'll earn points 50% faster.

Earned points can be traded in for sweepstakes entries, local deals, discounted gift cards, charitable donations and once-in-a-lifetime adventures. AARP Rewards points are non-transferable and expire on a rolling 12-month basis. I invite you to get started here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/ 

You are in total control of which emails you receive from us! Feel free to check and update your email subscriptions anytime online: How To Update My AARP Email Newsletters Subscriptions

We're excited to have you and I'm here to help if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Someone kindly posted a reply to my post (Thank You NicoleW518772 !).  This my first topic, so forgive me if I'm clueless about how this community forum works.  The link in the e-mail I received from AARP when Nicole replied to my post.  Doesn't work, I get "Access Denied".  And why isn't the reply visible following my original post?  What am I missing?  Are there multiple communities?  This is quite unintuitive ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP