Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Site Maintenance 11/18 - 11/19

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Site Maintenance 11/18 - 11/19

The AARP Rewards site will be offline Friday November 18 from 10pm until Saturday November 19th at 2pm ET for maintenance. During that time, users will be unable to earn points or redeem for sweepstakes, instant wins or catalog items. We apologize for the inconvenience.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Why is this still pinned? It's outdated, and redundant. @AARPTerri please unpin! It's confusing on the board! Thank you. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I have a few things that I'd like to address. First is AdBlock Browser. Once again it won't accept my login. It just goes back to the login page. Just now I tried Chrome and I was able to login with no problem. And my Big thing is that I didn't know that the west coast new day starts at 9:00 pm because the east coast starts at 12 am. Is this true? That doesn't sound right. We on the east coast have to stay up until midnight when a lot of us are sleeping. This is why a lot of gift cards are sold out by the time we see them. The big thing is I don't know how this can be solved. Maybe AARP should wait until 12 pm on the east coast before posting new items. Anyone else agree 👍 . I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Gold Conversationalist

@al45009948   Yes, this is true.  It also works that way on some games which makes the high scores held by those who can play after EST goes back to zero.  Not a problem to me as I am never the high scorer, just annoying in that case.   The time for extra credit should be when no one has to get up in the middle of the night (for those of us who are not night owls).  If six a.m. was too early for PST under the old program and it was changed, midnight is way too late for EST.   Some of us never see the better ones except as sold out.   $5 cards are not worth a night's sleep to me.  If I set the alarm to get up and do extra credit, I would be unable to go back to sleep.   This issue has been raised before, several times.  I do not know why no one cares this time, but did under the old program and changed it to benefit PST.  I thought that was fair even though 9 a.m. EST suited me just fine.  Also, I got that message several times yesterday using Edge.  However, when I went to the main page, I had been credited for the quizzes I did.

Bronze Conversationalist

Just one other thing. I'm using the AdBlock Browser to reply to the community and I have no problem. It doesn't ask me to login at all. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I'm back again. Now I watched 2 videos and got no points. I was using Chrome which make you watch ads. AdBlock blocks those ads. AARP must have somehow blocked me from using that Browser. Anyway I had to watch 15 sec of a 29 sec ad. Making mo money. After watching the ad and video I get this message ( You

just missed AARP Rewards.

Our AARP Rewards program makes big life changes feel do-able and, well, rewarding. Get started now to earn

points for good-for-you activities )  . I'm just saying 😡

Concerned Member
Honored Social Butterfly

When you're having any issue with the rewards program, you should not only post here, but also tag either @AARPTeri / @AARPJanelleM . They can help you when you have issues. *just sayin, concerned member.

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

Hi Teri

i cannot get your name to come up in private message so am trying to contact you this way.

I have sent AARPJanelleM 2 messages since 1/21/33 and have not received a reply ? ? Is she out sick or maybe on vacation ?? As much as she deals with I can understand it sometimes takes awhile to reply, but she has always been very prompt in the past. If I have upset her I do apologize. Please respond

lucyp061351
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus I'm here! I was able to reply to your private message 😊 I'm sorry for the delay; I was out of the office but am back now!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, if you click on my name you should be able to go to my profile and then select Private Message - I do have private messages coming in so not sure why it wouldn't work.  How can we help you?

AARPTeri
Honored Social Butterfly

How about a possible un-stick/un-pin? I just keep wondering when 11/18-11/19 will happen, but it's passed that date for this announcement. My confusion. lol Thanks, @AARPTeri !  🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

I think @AARPTeri is lackadaisical. @AARPJanelleM rocks! Sorry, but let's call it like it is. I've been here for a few years, and this is what I've seen. @AARPJanelleM is always helpful to our community. Thanks for your attention to any matter, that goes ignored. I guess when there's site maintenance, someone on AARP's end should post it in a sticky and not leave it up to us? *just sayin concerned member <<< why is this a sig, if it wasn't a thing? 

Conversationalist

It's behaving even worse than before the site maintenance! It's so sad that I don't dare make an Elon Musk joke; I would be afraid it might be true!

Gold Conversationalist

Was unable to enter all the instant wins just now at 4:50 EST....right after the maintenance.  
"Technical difficulties"

I do not recall this happening under the previous program.  It seems to be an instance of poor management by Hello World.  I am not saying AARP as both games and this site have been working today.  Only this site worked through the last disaster.    I do not know which entity hires the programmers for Rewards, but whichever one does, needs to find another company.

Trusted Contributor

Last week, it was down on Sunday.  This week, it's down on Saturday.  Does it not occur to people at AARP that these are the times when people are apt to have time to look at this?  If what we have seen of late is any indication, this maintenance isn't going to do any good anyway.  You need new/better technicians!  You need an AARP president who cares/has any clue as to what is going on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP