Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

'AARP Rewards Is Currently...' ACTIVE! I Just Earned Points, too!

Honored Social Butterfly

'AARP Rewards Is Currently...' ACTIVE! I Just Earned Points, too!

Better... 'Get While The Gettin's Good!' 😉

AARP Rewards is currently down

This may impact functionalities such as engagement with earn activities and the redemption of catalog items.

The site is expected back up shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Geez, this is something awful!  😕

down down down.png

STUCK.gif

(On the positive, I received my unattainable earn points from Help>Chat>AARPBOT>AARP Agent this morning, and was credited for 3 days. Yippee!) 

Regular Contributor

Will there be a way to recover the points we were unable to earn for the last 3 days?

Periodic Contributor

I just did the chat with a live agent, but they would only give me points for 3/4 and 3/5, even though I couldn't earn points on 3/3 and 3/6 also. I guess they got tired of giving out too many points.  I also didn't get a survey link from the chat discussion, probably because I kept insisting I should get points for all of the days there were problems, so they knew I wouldn't give a good review.

Honored Social Butterfly

Your points were credited based on your activity. You couldn't claim your missing points if you didn't show any activity on your account. It was based on your previous earn activity. Basically, you couldn't just go in and say I need my points for these days, when you haven't logged-in, or have done any activity for a week. 

Periodic Contributor

I did log in on each of the 4 days I couldn't earn points.  I am fairly new to this rewards program, so wasn't aware that I could get missing points added to my account until I saw items on the discussion board from other people saying they were able to get points.  I told the person on chat that I wasn't the only person who couldn't earn points on 3/3 and 3/6 because I saw people mention this on the discussion board, but they just said they were only authorized to give missing points for 3/4 and 3/5, so they couldn't give me points for the other days I couldn't earn points.  They said I should have asked for the points on the days I couldn't get them, but I said I was new to the program so didn't know I could do that until I saw comments on the discussion board.  But they still wouldn't give me my missing points for the 4 days I couldn't earn them, they only gave me the points for 2 days.

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, I was able to receive my points.

I received my earn points by going to Help (at top -- see image below), and then Chat at bottom right (it's a red circle -- see image below). When in Chat, typed in my issue, in this case it was a credit of points as I could not earn points while the site was down, the AARPBOT gave me some suggestions, asked if these suggestions were helpful/if this solved my issue, I answered, 'no,' then the AARPBOT transferred/connected me to an AARP agent. The AARP agent will ask your name and address to verify, and find your account. The AARP agent will then look at your transactions and determine the earn points owed to you. If the AARP agent is able to credit your points, be sure to provide your email to receive the chat transcript (for your records -- this will appear once your chat session ends). Also, be sure to do the survey on your experience with the AARP agent (you'll receive this within the Chat Transcript you'll receive via email).

https://help.aarp.org/s/

Chat -- [See hours below]

Click on Chat Icon

AARPBOT: Available 24/7
Live Agent Hours:
Mon-Fri, 8am - 8pm ET  [Closed]
Sat, 9am - 5pm ET

(This was my go-to method, anyway.)

If you'd rather try to get your points another way, here are other options to contact AARP:

Phone

Mon-Fri, 8am - 8pm ET

1-888-687-2277

1-877-342-2277 (Spanish)

1-202-434-3525 (International)

TTY user dial 711

1-877-434-7598 (English)

1-866-238-9488 (Spanish)

Social

Send Us a Private Message

Live Agent Hours:
Mon-Fri, 8am - 8pm ET
Sat, 9am - 5pm ET

Community

Ask Us Questions in our Help Forums

Live Agent Hours:
Mon-Fri, 8am - 8pm ET
Sat, 9am - 5pm ET

Text

Text Us at  833-259-2277

Live Agent Hours:
Mon-Fri, 8am - 8pm ET
Sat, 9am - 5pm ET

Hope you are able to get your points! 🙂

Help Chat AARPBOT Agent..png

Help Chat AARPBOT Agent.png

Contributor

You are lucky if you got points for the website being down on 3/6. I also wasn't able to earn points on that day, but when I asked for points in the chat, I was told they could only give me points for the problems on 3/4 and 3/5, so I wasn't able to get the points I missed from this issue on 3/6.

Honored Social Butterfly

Your points were credited based on your activity. You couldn't claim your missing points if you didn't show any activity on your account. It was based on your previous earn activity. Basically, you couldn't just go in and say I need my points for these days, when you haven't logged-in, or have done any activity for a week. 

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks, Kelly, good to know.  I made the mistake of doing a weekly and a monthly activity earlier today.   Not only was I not given points, it was marked as done and I can't go back and do it for points.    Hope it stays functional.

Honored Social Butterfly

Is it functional for you? Everything copacetic

Local H - Bound For The Floor 

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I just finished a quiz and received no points. This is what It said (Sorry, no points this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience, your session has expired.

Click to login and refresh) I was signed in. Yesterday I was able to get points. It's a shame shame shame that there's problem after problem with this program. I just can't stand it anymore. I'm just saying. 😤

Concerned Member
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPJanelleM  could you please look into @al45009948's detriment? Something has gone awry. 😧

Gold Conversationalist

Sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the warning.   I won't do anything as they get marked as done with no points.  There seems to be unlimited tolerance on the part of AARP for Hello World and its programmers.

Honored Social Butterfly

This is not truth. Please shed some light on the fact that you were credited your lost points! Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP