Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

AARP Rewards Hiding Bad Reviews?

@AARPTeri 

I don't usually post of AARP conspiracy theories nor encourage them.  But, the structure of the forum has the effect of hiding tons of terrible (and accurate) reviews of the AARP Rewards program.

I have a link that I had open in my browser to the main rewards forum: https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/bd-p/AARPRewards AND ALL TOPICS ARE LOCKED!

It looks a little funny because I must have opened it from another forum rewards page.

I'm sure that AARP believes that this is just to make topics easier to find.  However, it makes community members like me look through 4 forums to see all of the new topics and posts.

I hope this helps someone other than AARP, because what I am seeing looks self-serving.

Cordially,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline @AARPTeri @gm5271 @mi4090 

Whoo Hoo!

Isn't it fun trying to figure out if you have read a topic or not.  Every transferred topic shows up as unread.

New and Improved; What fun!

This kind of thing will turn a smile upside down

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, everybody you are entering the "Twilight Zone".  Is everyone at AARP Rewards in training, where are the seasoned professionals?

@gm5271(Ginger) I'm officially renaming as per you the "Twilight Zone" and it's so true; what do you think about the constant changes causing frustration and confusion?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Hey Marylin @mi4090 

My thoughts its a mess & sad situation of losses 

Wish I did cause I miss Rewards so much but I just can't get any real desire to spend time earning things.... miss old days too much.....and if that wasn't bad enough.... done gone and messed up "OUR COMMUNITY" Yes OURS without us members there'd be no community 

It's sad but life goes on & more to life than aarp rewards program(little sized intentionally) is what I've gained from these new experiences 

Enjoy your holiday weekend

Happy.... happier New Year to all

Ginger  :  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, definitely agree.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Over 200 topics locked on the old AARP General Forum?

See here:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/bd-p/AARPRewards

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew was that link to the Old General?  Wow, wonder why everything is locked?  Aren't these post coming up now in New General after searching to post to thread?  What's how I got some of my post to come up in New.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@andrewtoo We are merging topics and some of these will be archived since there may no longer be an issue or it's no longer relevant. The new forum layout is easier for new users coming to the site to understand and find relevant conversations.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, you are absolutely correct, seperating the Community into (4) forums makes it easier to hide information about complaints and valid questions.  Right again, that the community is for AARP Rewards and not the members any longer.  This is really the straw that broke the camel's back. 

@gm5271 

Ginger, you are right.  "You have entered the Twilight Zone"Smiley LOL

This is going make even more members bypass renewing their membership now.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew Thanks

I thought I was entering the Twilight Zone with changes & topics missing

Glad not alone thanks

I did the phone # verification for Rewards Community but not sure why such a thing would be required "to know I am me" cause we all have unique avatar names Why? Any ideas? 

Enjoy your evening

Ginger  ;  ) 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

I have seen a few websites that want the cell phone number to send a code for a password reset or remind a user of their forgotten User ID.

But, I wouldn't think it totally unlikely that AARP could give it to "partners" for advertising purchases.😮

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hey Andrew

My concerns were why? not so much fear of them passing info on to others

I've just gotten the email Teri mentioned would be receiving but already did the Verification thing from her link in her post 

When I did it popup stated "So we can know you are you"

Email states "Extra Step to  secure your Rewards account" & "To ensure your in control of your account"

(See below screenshot) 

Don't think up to anything wrong just curious why this has come up ?

Honestly when 1st read Teri post thought she was referring to Community Rewards but its AARP Rewards account they desire to secure.... maybe something done in Beta I have no clue

Thanks

Ginger  :  ) Rewards EmailRewards Email

Community Manager
Community Manager

@andrewtoo Please be patient I am currently working on some changes.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPTeri 

The AARP Rewards forum is still a mess.  There is a ton of information that is not shown in this new and improved(?) scheme that has now 4 forums.  And, I really don't like how transferred topics show as unread.

People are not posting like they were before.  What about all that information that is lost (hidden) from the old General Forum?

Thanks,

Andrew

@AARPTeri wrote:

@andrewtoo Please be patient I am currently working on some changes.

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

@andrewtoo  I don't think the information is lost, just not acessible at this time. I believe they accidentally forgot a "Next Page" type of control.

I've searched for a couple messages I knew had to exist and found them categorized under the new Rewards General list, just not visible on the first page.

I have some hopes it'll be rectified soon.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Link to old General Forum: https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/bd-p/AARPRewards

When you click on AARP/General you get this.

Link to this new General Forum: https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/bd-p/General

Ray, they are really different forum pages.  Maybe moderators intend to transfer topics to the 4 forum format, but, it will be chaotic for a while because transferred topics appear to be unread by the user.

Sure, you can search for a topic/post.  But, if it has not been transferred, then it won't show up by clicking on AARP/General.  I would really would like to click on the General link and see nearly all of the topics on one page, rather than searching. (The old "tips" page didn't have much in it and I only looked at it a few times.)

I don't see what was wrong with the old forum page. There were countless hours spent posting information all in one place, the old general forum.

Sincerely,

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

Hi @andrewtoo 

I understand what you're saying. What I meant is that when I view a message that I find via the Search, there will be a category list at the top of the page. The messages I found via search were listed under the Reward General category, but they were older than those that we currently can see.

All that was forgotten in the new ordering was a means to page to the older messages, page 1, page 2, etc. I just hope it won't end up being a See More (shudder).

Cheers,

Ray

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP