Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

AARP Rewards...3 weeks later

OPS something went wrong with the program...check back later

Still unable to access this program...same messages...same blank pts screens ( only display on home page "before actual memeber sign in)...once in as a member ,the black hole of slience and lack of IT support is all that I have got since day one of this new roll out.

So am I the last one left out...is there something my brower said? Are my cookies tasteless? Do I have a cold hand shake? Has my Chrome lost it's luster? LOL

Contributor

Just plain disappointing that a large, professional organization such as AARP can not get a large part of their website working, no real update information posted, just something went wrong, refresh your browser (I tried multiple browsers).   Not great for customers after you built up a big new refreshed rollout.  Should not have been done until it was functioning and properly tested.  Still can't get on.

Social Butterfly

@mp36753479 

There are a lot of problems.  This may not work for you but when I have trouble finding AARP Rewards I try the address: http://rewards.aarp.org or possibly https://www.aarp.org/rewards/

Again, it may not work, but, maybe you can sign up for AARP Rewards from one of these sites.

Good Luck,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

When the site kicks me out, I'm taken back to  https://www.aarp.org/rewards/ to register or login, and kick offs happen frequently.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Na your chrome still has its luster...Its the rewards that has lost everything including its greatness and luster

Conversationalist

Yes, the start up went wrong.  I don't like the changes any more than anyone else.  But let's get real people.  Rewards for Good, as well as its successor, was designed to help people learn, for their benefit, and in the process, get stuff for little more than spending time on the site.  

Now, those who purchased gift cards with their money and didn't get what they were supposed to receive have legitimate reason to be real upset about it.   But thinking that AARP owes them something additional because it didn't start out 100% correct, I think is a little overblown. Please have patience.  We can be sure that the responsible people at AARP and maybe even Hello World are trying to get things going correctly.  When my wife was volunteering in food kitchens, she always told me about people who complained because they didn't have certain food items this week, or they couldn't have seconds until after everyone was served the first time.  Some of you are sounding just like them.

Trusted Contributor

@RussellP197074 wrote:

Yes, the start up went wrong.  I don't like the changes any more than anyone else.  But let's get real people.  Rewards for Good, as well as its successor, was designed to help people learn, for their benefit, and in the process, get stuff for little more than spending time on the site.  

Now, those who purchased gift cards with their money and didn't get what they were supposed to receive have legitimate reason to be real upset about it.   But thinking that AARP owes them something additional because it didn't start out 100% correct, I think is a little overblown. Please have patience.  We can be sure that the responsible people at AARP and maybe even Hello World are trying to get things going correctly.  When my wife was volunteering in food kitchens, she always told me about people who complained because they didn't have certain food items this week, or they couldn't have seconds until after everyone was served the first time.  Some of you are sounding just like them.

Do you really think the only purpose of these rewards programs is to educate people, without any other benefit to AARP itself? AARP benefited in some way from Rewards For Good. Maybe they got a share of the gift card sales, maybe they benefited due to all the traffic the rewards program brought to their site, or maybe both, but they benefit in some way, otherwise they wouldn't do it. With the new AARP Rewards, they added the additional benefit of forcing people to become paid members just to buy certain gift cards. Including Carnival gift cards, which are arguably the most popular gift cards sold here. I think changing those to a members only purchase was a strategic move on AARP's part in order to benefit them further. 

I want to clarify something in response to your accusations. Only ONE person in this thread said they thought they deserved some sort of compensation for all the troubles with the new site. In fact, that's the only person I've seen say that. You're lumping together everyone who has (justifiably) complained about all the problems with one person who believes they deserve something.

As far as patience goes, they touted AARP Rewards for several months before it launched. They announced a July launch, then delayed it until September. Then launched a program that was so full of bugs and so glitchy that it doesn't deserve to be called Beta. Many of the major problems should've been worked out before launch. I think everyone's been quite patient.

Conversationalist

@OrganizedChaos75 wrote:

@RussellP197074 wrote:

Do you really think the only purpose of these rewards programs is to educate people, without any other benefit to AARP itself? AARP benefited in some way from Rewards For Good. Maybe they got a share of the gift card sales, maybe they benefited due to all the traffic the rewards program brought to their site, or maybe both, but they benefit in some way, otherwise they wouldn't do it. With the new AARP Rewards, they added the additional benefit of forcing people to become paid members just to buy certain gift cards. Including Carnival gift cards, which are arguably the most popular gift cards sold here. I think changing those to a members only purchase was a strategic move on AARP's part in order to benefit them further. 

I want to clarify something in response to your accusations. Only ONE person in this thread said they thought they deserved some sort of compensation for all the troubles with the new site. In fact, that's the only person I've seen say that. You're lumping together everyone who has (justifiably) complained about all the problems with one person who believes they deserve something.

As far as patience goes, they touted AARP Rewards for several months before it launched. They announced a July launch, then delayed it until September. Then launched a program that was so full of bugs and so glitchy that it doesn't deserve to be called Beta. Many of the major problems should've been worked out before launch. I think everyone's been quite patient.

I purposely did not mention who was wanting something more than they might deserve, because there are more than one at different levels, if you read all the posts.  Just pleading with people to have patience.  

I'm also not saying that the people in charge are doing a great job, either.  with the amount of changes that are there from old to new, there has to be a lot of software changes in conjunction.  Especially when you consider the number of different devices and browsers people are using. This was bound to happen. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @RussellP197074 

I believe that most members are giving the new program a chance until it's time to renew their memberships.  

AARP is the largest organization of it's kind in the United States, and Hello World knew what they were dealing with before the lauch as far as numerous devices goes.  Hello World knew what a huge site AARP had and should have delayed the launch until next year.

Seems to me that R4G had made all the money they could in (5) years and sells were falling below projected levels thus, time to start over again with a new business/program at the start of the possible fiscal year.

This seems intentional to launch a program with numerous problems, limits and no answers to why some members can't even get on the site.  It was to meet a deadlineSmiley Sad

Community has no choice but to give AARP Rewards a chance until time to renewSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

No, you are not the only one.  I have not been able to access anything on the site, no earning points, no redeeming.  All I get is errors.  I was told I would hear something from support 3 to 5 business days.  Well, they came and went and no reply.  I agree they should have the new site working before discontinuing the old one.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

@swillenbring @2Old2Slow  @debbbug We realize it is frustrating and we are doing to our best to get this resolved for the users who cannot access.  You are all on my escalation list and we will let you know when it is resolved.  So sorry and appreciate your patience in our BETA mode while we work out the kinks.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

O.K. ; I HAVEN'T LOOKED AT THE COMPLAINTS IN WEEKS BECAUSE IT IS SO FRUSTRATING IT'S ENOUGH TO P.O. THE POPE ; ON 11/21/2019 YOU SENT THIS TO ME TELLING ME "ALL BROWSERS ARE WORKING" COPY/PASTE AS IT WAS SENT:

Dear AARP Rewards user,

We wanted to inform you that the issue that prevented  you from accessing our BETA site has now been resolved.  You may have already started using the rewards program, we just wanted to insure you were informed of this update.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

AARP Rewards Team and AARP Online Community

NOW 11/30 2019 ; YOU ALMOST HAVE IT FIXED ; WHEN YOU SELECT "REDEEM" AND "ALL REWARDS" THE SWEEPSSTAKES ARE USABLE ; WHEN YOU PICK ANYTHING ELSE ; IN "ALL REWARDS" YOU GO OUT TO A PAGE WITH THE "THINKING ROTATING CIRLCLE" OF THE COMPUTER AND IT JUST SITS THERE................FOREVER ; ALTHOUGH THIS IS A STEP FORWARD ; YOUR PROGRAMMERS NEED TO GO ONE STEP FURTHER AND RESOLVE THIS ....NOT FOR ME..........FOR EVERYBODY WHO'S READY TO DROP AARP.

AND IT KEEPS TELLING EVERYONE "YOUR BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE"  ; IMPOSSIBLE;

MY CHROME AUTO-UPDATES 1st THING AFTER THE COMPUTER STARTS ........EVERYDAY.......EVERY TIME 10 TIMES A DAY IF I START IT 10 TIMES .

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi @HAGERVON, we'll reach out to you once it's resolved. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HAGERVON 

I know this seems like being in the "Twilight Zone" for paying members not to be able to participate in the new Rewards program.  

I truly believe that someone should be fired for not doing there job, it's (3) weeks from being (3) months since the program launched and some members still unable to take advantage of the full Beta site.

How many chances does IT get before the entire department is firedSmiley Mad?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well, I suppose I should be thankful that I can log in to AARP Rewards, and I've earned many points watching fitness videos, BUT it seems there is precious little to do with them.

There hasn't been a new Daily Instant Win Game or Weekly Instant Win Game in weeks, and the Sweepstakes are pretty lackluster– as some have pointed out, winning the Tuscany package would entail enough additional costs to make it out of reach for many of us, and way too brief a visit to enjoy. A simple restaurant gift card would be appreciated much more than the recent Night Out offering.

We miss the gift cards we could occasionally win for points, and it seems they are all but gone for good.

I still stop by your site daily, but there are fewer reasons to do so, and the almost total lack of transparency about the issues raised is frustrating. I appreciate the few replies from community managers (such as yours here), but they do not generally address our issues. C'mon, please. If AARP simply can't afford to offer the points-only premiums we used to enjoy, I suppose someone should say so– and possibly expalin why– rather than blaming it all on tech roll-out glitches.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@2Old2Slow   You are not the only one experiencing this in our Beta site.  We are working to resolve and will contact you when we have a solution.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Any resolution yet?
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yep, I can see the obvious glitches in navigation, etc. The site seems less intuitive than ever.

My primary question had to do with the "Daily Instant Win" (there hasn't been a new offer since Friday, Oct. 4) and the "Weekly Instant Win" (there isn't a new one, and though last week's was given a closing date of Oct. 8, it has been impossible to enter since last Friday, Oct. 4).

What's going wrong? Transparency might help here: if you posted a clear explanation up front on the Rewards home page (server problems, tech issues), it would save time for those of us searching for a workaround, save frustration, and keep you from a flood of notes such as this one asking what the heck is going on. We can be patient– and we generally appreciate this benefit of AARP membership!– but it would help to know that you at AARP Rewards are aware of the problems.

Regular Contributor

I would really like to know why the old rewards were discontinued before the new one had more of the bugs worked out. I am still watching vidoe, doing quizes that fail to award the points and the rewards offered are pathetica t best.  I wish I had not renewed for 3 years. I have a feeling that AARP is going to lose a lot of subscribers after this. 

Gold Conversationalist

@2Old2Slow   I'm using Chrome and seeing the site.   It's got tech problems right now but I can still earn points.  Frankly you aren't missing anything as there is not much at the moment to spend any points on.  That is strange what you are describing getting on the site.   Hope it resolves soon.  I imagine you've already tried another browser/device, etc.   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP