Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

WHY AM I GETTING AN UNEXPECTED ERROR MESSAGE

Honored Social Butterfly

WHY AM I GETTING AN UNEXPECTED ERROR MESSAGE

When I use the drop down box to enter the discussion boards, I get the message "UNEXPECTED ERROR".

What is causing that message?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @nctarheel @GailL1

is this issue still occurring?

0 Kudos

I am trying to sign up for your membership and the system keeps giving me Error MSS46. From the looks of it you have been having this issue for over a year now. Any chance you might get it together this year so people can sign up?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@AnaB759756 Welcome to our family- I see you were able to get signed up!! Your membership cards will be delivered to you within 3-4 weeks via mail. You can also check your account info and download a digital card online: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/show-me-my-account-info Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I tried logging in and out and then back in again and it seems to be working fine now.  

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

I got the same thing yesterday.  When I signed in using the drop-down - my name showed as as logged in BUT the little envelop for messages was NOT there - thus I was not logged in fully and could not post.

I have told them about this for years; seems every time they do some tech changes; it screws up again but currently there are ways to make it work.

There are different ways of signing in and signing out and some don't fully do both.  I have now learned to use the same method all the time based on which does what - partially or completely.  The difference seems to be whether or not you can retain the ability to see if you have any messages indicated by the little envelop, without being fully logged in, like to post.

To preserve (the little envelop) sign in and out using the drop down box at the top.

To sign in and out completely (no little envelop) use the sign in and sign out box in the QUICK LINKS a little lower down on the page - on the right side (below the list of ACES).

If you sign out using the QUICK LINK, everything is gone (name and little envelop).  But if you sign back in using the top drop-down box - your name will appear but the little envelop is missing and you aren't fully logged in.

So I guess, we must pick our poison - 

It is the "Fix This, Mess Up This" method   😋

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks @GailL1,

I have another entrance to the site. When the message comes up, there is a link to online community, click on that and you're in.

That still doesn't resolve why there has been no response to this issue by AARP after five days.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I posted about this issue on another board but there has been NO RESPONSE by any AARP STAFF regarding the issue.

I get this message after I have signed in and been recognized by the AARP web site. It occurs when I click on COMMUNITY from the drop down box.

The message is as follows:

YOUR REQUEST FAILED. CONTACT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR AND PROVIDE DATE AND TIME OF ERROR.

and then it gives an exception ID NUMBER.

The odd thing is that in the upper corner of the message, there is a tab for ONLINE COMMUNITY. I can click on that and get onto the discussion boards with the ability to post, and respond to posts.

This has been going on for at least a week.

I don't understand why no administrator of these boards has responded.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I still ask that why, AFTER SIX DAYS, there has been no response from any AARP Moderator regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP