Contributor

Trusts and wills

I own a house with my brother.  I thought I should create a trust for the house; however, now I am reading Medicare doesn't do anything with the house if it is under 500,000.00.  We don't have children so it should be a problem.  The house is in joint tenant so my concern is what if one of us has to go to nursing home what happens to the house.  I don't need a lot of legal advice but from what I am reading the revocable trust is no good.  It is confusing and I don't have a lot money to pay for legal fees.  The online stuff is more reasonable but how can I be sure I am getting right answer without paying a lot of money and even if you go to a lawyer how do you know it is right until you are in that situation 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@k40013h Did you know that AARP members save on wills and trusts? Check out the discount here: https://www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/all/trust-will/

You may want to look into legal aid for legal guidance. To learn more about legal aid, go to findlegalhelp.org. The American Bar Association runs this website.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health