Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Too much advertising to endure!!!

When I become a member of AARP, I don't expect to be bombarded with 30 second advertisements

and side bar advertisements. Those who are not members and can enjoy some of the games,

articles, etc.., should be the only ones to endure these nonstop advertisements.  AARP gets

enough money from members and we should be able to be ad free.  Please consider.

Contributor

I think it is problematic for AARP to advertise for UnitedHealth Care or any healthcare insurance provider. Will this advertising arrangement keep AARP from reporting on a recent eye opening ProPublica story about UnitedHealthcare denying a college student life saving treatment while the UnitedHealth Care CEO David Wichmann was paid $17.9 million in salary and other compensation in 2020 and retired early the following year, with a total compensation that year exceeding $140 million. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@DianeH436837,

What you need to do is add AdBlock Plus to the browser you use for your AARP visits.

It is free.

It is easy to load because I did it with no problem.

It gets rid of all ads on their games platform.

But, you are right. Members should get an ads free games platform, but, in my opinion, AARP's primary purpose is no longer representing its members....... sadly, its primary purpose now is to make money.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP