Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Searching For Medicare Help

Please Help!

I Am 69 & Live In Western Maryland. Medicare Is Not Covering My Telephoned Dr. Appointments. I Am Handicapped & Have No Idea Who To Contact To Fix This. There Are SO Many Online Who Claim To Be Medicare Sites But I Could Only Find Those That Sell Suplimental Insurance. Can Someone Please Direct Me.

Kind Regards,
& Thank You For
Your Time.

Regular Contributor

Do you have Original Medicare, Part A & Part B, or do you have a Medicare Advantage Plan? (Part C) You would need to contact your carrier directly if you have a Medicare Advantage plan to see if they cover telehealth. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@2MeMelly  Thank you for taking the time to reach out, you will need to contact Medicare to discuss your options to get that covered. Medicare can be reached at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) and their website is www.medicare.gov 

If you are looking to appeal a Medicare reimbursement decision, please contact your local Social Security Office for appeal instructions and forms. You can locate the nearest Social Security Office by clicking: www.ssa.gov and then selecting: "Contact Us" box and then: "Find an Office"

0 Kudos

I'm having a similar issue.  My husband is having trouble getting his continuous glucose monitors and diabetic supplies covered.  After going back and forth (the UHC CSR we spoke to originally was friendly but very unhelpful and didn't seem to know what a CGM was) there was a list of requirements he had to meet to be eligible.  He meets every single item except seeing his doctor in person.  We've been doing virtual visits.  His doctor prefers virtual visits and so do we because it isn't safe for him or for me to go out if we don't have to.  So... we're being required to risk our health in order to get a benefit that he's eligible for.  It doesn't seem fair.  There's a pandemic happening and this rule should be changed to protect seniors.  I just lost my father to COVID.  Something needs to happen here.  These supplies are very expensive and we're living on a limited income.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP