Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

OTC hearing aids

These have started to be advertised quite a bit.  I am talking about the ones that range in cost about $150-200.

I would like to know if they work, and are they a good alternative to the ones that cost thousands.

I can also be reached at   [PERSONAL INFO REMOVED FOR SECURITY] if you can give me your ooinion of these devices.  My mother0in-law is considering this and we want to get opinionns before ordering.  thanks

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dl2327541 I removed your email address from this public post for your security. You may be interested in checking out our article that has lots of info about purchasing over-the-counter hearing aids: https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2022/otc-hearing-aids.html 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I have ordered a set of hearing aids from Hearing USA and had success with them for my husband..They're rechargible and come with different ear inserts as not all openings are the same..These were about $200.00 and well worth it ..Having spent thousands on another pair only to have them disfunction and costing over $250.00 as the filament wire broke and this wasn't comvered under warranty and then becoming obsolete and to fix again over $2000.00 I nixed that and went the other way for cheaper ones...Give it a try more is not always the best choice...His even survived washer and dryer and still worked and was able to recharge ...

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP