Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

My father is Stuck at Studio City Rehab we have as for a transfer to Loing Beach. They say NO

Contributor

My father is Stuck at Studio City Rehab we have as for a transfer to Loing Beach. They say NO

I am my father's caregiver with IHSS. He was taken in January to Sherman Oaks Hospital where he was kept for 3 days everything was normal. I went down to the hospital spoke with a social worker and asked her if she could help my father with a medical bed. She ignored my request and transferred him to Studio City Rehab. I am now homeless do to this and my father is unhappy .They leave me on hold for hours just to speak to my father denying him the right to speak to me. When I go to visit him, they leave me outside for 2 hours then bring him to the window.  I see the staff outside in the neighborhood and none of them follow any kind if Covid rules. Yet they enforce a strict Covid guideline at the facility none of them follow. They are rude I have called and ombudsman no response. I called for a conservative ship no response. Can somebody please help! Please [personal phone number removed from public view for your online safety]

Sam M.
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@SundaiM393727 Hi Sam, thank you for taking the time to reach out and for being there for your father to provide the best care possible. I understand that you've tried to contact an Ombudsman already, but I still wanted to provide you with the info we have that may be able to help. I invite you to visit: www.aarp.org/findombudsman to locate an Ombudsman in your area. You can also reach out to the National Association of State Ombudsman Programs https://www.nasop.org/

For anyone having complaints or concerns about the care a loved one receives, we urge you to call 1-202-332-2275 or visit www.ltcombudsman.org

Also, Eldercare Locator is a free service provided by the U.S. Administration on Aging that connects you to services for older adults and their families. You can find local referrals from Eldercare Locator via: Website and Chat at eldercare.acl.gov or Toll-Free 1-800-677-1116, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP