Contributor

Luggage

I renewed my membership with AARP for 3  years, I believe in  November of 2021. Part of the offer for renewal was  a set of free luggage. I was wondering if I am going to receive the promo . Thank You ,Lance Sandy

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Concierge

@LanceS27668 Thanks for being a valued part of our family, Lance! That gift is actually the 4 piece luggage organizer set. This set can be used to organize smaller items within your luggage while traveling. I reviewed your membership and I was able to order you the complimentary luggage organizer set. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery and you can track your gift online once it ships, learn more here: Where Is My Free AARP Gift? I'm always here to help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Yeah.  I was led to believe it was 3-piece luggage set, and I don't know what this lady is talking about it being a 4-piece set.  The organizer set I received was 3 pieces.  It sounds to me like we were led to believe one thing, and were given something else.  I wasn't expecting anything of quality with the luggage.  In fact, I was most likely just going to donate it to the local thrift store, but I was expecting luggage.  So far, I am not impressed with AARP, and honestly, if I don't see something that really stands out as a reason to stay a member, I won't be renewing.  Thankfully, it was a cheap lesson.  I was kind of excited about joining, and even posted our new membership cards on FB.  I was asked what as I saw as reasons to join, and I said I hadn't seen much yet, but mentioned the luggage.  Now I have to hilariously post about what I got instead.

Contributor

False advertising.  They should be ashamed.  I got my tiny items today!! Disappointed 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LanceS27668 Thanks for being a valued part of our family, Lance! That gift is actually the 4 piece luggage organizer set. This set can be used to organize smaller items within your luggage while traveling. I reviewed your membership and I was able to order you the complimentary luggage organizer set. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery and you can track your gift online once it ships, learn more here: Where Is My Free AARP Gift? I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

False advertising. It's not luggage.  I think they do it to get you to join or renew. Sad

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband just showed me the "luggage set" we received for renewing our membership.  Thankfully the Good Will donation trailer is in our town.  At least we got a really good laugh from it.  Not at all as pictured.  Shame on you AARP!

0 Kudos

I renewed as well and was promised the same thing. I even included the picture of the 4 piece luggage with my renewal to make sure that they got the right reward. I just got it. It was 4 little tiny part mesh, part canvas zippered things that I don't have a clue what to do with. I am so disappointed.  It seems that this is considered false advertisement or a bait and switch. The picture was a nice looking luggage set. What am I supposed to do with this?  Is this how seniors are treated by those supposed to representing them???  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yeah what a scam. I received the same, if this is the kind of bait and switch tactics they use for all their products I surely won’t recommend them to friends and family 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP LIMITED TIME OFFER: Cyber Week Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term. AARP Membership Cyber Week Sale

More From AARP