Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Luggage

I renewed my membership with AARP for 3  years, I believe in  November of 2021. Part of the offer for renewal was  a set of free luggage. I was wondering if I am going to receive the promo . Thank You ,Lance Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Concierge

@LanceS27668 Thanks for being a valued part of our family, Lance! That gift is actually the 4 piece luggage organizer set. This set can be used to organize smaller items within your luggage while traveling. I reviewed your membership and I was able to order you the complimentary luggage organizer set. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery and you can track your gift online once it ships, learn more here: Where Is My Free AARP Gift? I'm always here to help!

View solution in original post

Contributor

I never gotten anything even told them. Never sent me anything 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@EvetteL56425  Thanks for joining AARP! There wasn't a gift offered when you joined, however, I'm happy to send you one. Would you like the Bluetooth Speaker or the Classic Courier bag? Let me know how I can help!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos

The garbage they sent me for renewing were three tiny bags MADE IN CHINA!  Way to go AARP!  Really looking out for us!

Are you really renewing just for a luggage organizing set??

Contributor

you **bleep** right... bait and switch scams shouldn't be legal, especially when you are screwing over senior citizens... it's sick !!

Super Contributor

Reading is fundamental. 

Trusted Contributor

Sound advice!!!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

FYI I can't speak to the new set they are sending but I can speak to the original set they sent. I never knew I needed them until I used them! They are an awesome way of 1. organizing all underwear, or shirts (rolled up) or anything rolled up tight which is the best way to fit more in a suitcase. I'm able to use a carryon to pack everything! The set before had really good quality bags. I actually ended up buying more of them for my husband.

Yeah.  I was led to believe it was 3-piece luggage set, and I don't know what this lady is talking about it being a 4-piece set.  The organizer set I received was 3 pieces.  It sounds to me like we were led to believe one thing, and were given something else.  I wasn't expecting anything of quality with the luggage.  In fact, I was most likely just going to donate it to the local thrift store, but I was expecting luggage.  So far, I am not impressed with AARP, and honestly, if I don't see something that really stands out as a reason to stay a member, I won't be renewing.  Thankfully, it was a cheap lesson.  I was kind of excited about joining, and even posted our new membership cards on FB.  I was asked what as I saw as reasons to join, and I said I hadn't seen much yet, but mentioned the luggage.  Now I have to hilariously post about what I got instead.

On my invitation, it DOES say "4 Piece

Luggage Organizer Set"

17031026403987570918111009660244.jpg

Yes, its confusing but.... I can't speak to the new set they are sending but I can speak to the original set they sent. I never knew I needed them until I used them! They are an awesome way of 1. organizing all underwear, or shirts (rolled up) or anything rolled up tight which is the best way to fit more in a suitcase. I'm able to use a carryon to pack everything! The set before had really good quality bags. I actually ended up buying more of them for my husband.

Contributor

False advertising.  They should be ashamed.  I got my tiny items today!! Disappointed 

I renewed and received the garbage luggage organizers which were MADE IN CHINA!  AARP doesn't appear to be on our side at all.  We're all throwing away more of our money on them.

Community Concierge

@LanceS27668 Thanks for being a valued part of our family, Lance! That gift is actually the 4 piece luggage organizer set. This set can be used to organize smaller items within your luggage while traveling. I reviewed your membership and I was able to order you the complimentary luggage organizer set. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery and you can track your gift online once it ships, learn more here: Where Is My Free AARP Gift? I'm always here to help!

Super Contributor

The expectations seem a little out of line to me. When someone spends a few dollars a year for membership, should they receive a free set of luggage as a premium? Use your common sense. Any organization doing that would be bankrupt in a month.

I'm trying to renew too and see no where to get this organizing set with my renewal. This is poor marketing on AARPs part for sure.... 

As for the bags....I can't speak to the new set they are sending but I can speak to the original set they sent. I never knew I needed them until I used them! They are an awesome way of 1. organizing all underwear, or shirts (rolled up) or anything rolled up tight which is the best way to fit more in a suitcase. I'm able to use a carryon to pack everything! The set before had really good quality bags. I actually ended up buying more of them for my husband.

Community Concierge

@SuzieN454799 Hey Suzie, here is a link to an offer that includes that gift: https://aarp.info/renew35-luggage We appreciate your membership, thanks for sticking with us!

Contributor

What am I supposed to do with these 3 tiny bags?  Can I return them?

[EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED FROM PUBLIC COMMENT]

Community Concierge

@KarlaR96367 Thank you for being a valued member of our family! That is the luggage organizer set and those bags can be used to organize your smaller items within your luggage while traveling. The complimentary gift is yours to keep, we do not process returns. You may wish to gift or donate the item. Keep your eye out for new offers when it’s time to renew!

I understood it as an Organizer set also 😉 I’m trying to decide if I can put small things like a couple paid of shoes and some shorts and let them under my bed ? 
Thank you! 

MK 

I can't speak to the new set they are sending but I can speak to the original set they sent. I never knew I needed them until I used them! They are an awesome way of 1. organizing all underwear, or shirts (rolled up) or anything rolled up tight which is the best way to fit more in a suitcase. I'm able to use a carryon to pack everything! The set before had really good quality bags. I actually ended up buying more of them for my husband.

Community Concierge

@MichelleK897582 The dimensions of the organizers are: 

Small (10”H x 4”W x 3”D)

Medium (10”H x 8”W x 3”D)

Large (13”H x 10”W x 3”D)

Contributor

False advertising. It's not luggage.  I think they do it to get you to join or renew. Sad

Contributor

My husband just showed me the "luggage set" we received for renewing our membership.  Thankfully the Good Will donation trailer is in our town.  At least we got a really good laugh from it.  Not at all as pictured.  Shame on you AARP!

Contributor

I renewed as well and was promised the same thing. I even included the picture of the 4 piece luggage with my renewal to make sure that they got the right reward. I just got it. It was 4 little tiny part mesh, part canvas zippered things that I don't have a clue what to do with. I am so disappointed.  It seems that this is considered false advertisement or a bait and switch. The picture was a nice looking luggage set. What am I supposed to do with this?  Is this how seniors are treated by those supposed to representing them???  

Contributor

Yeah what a scam. I received the same, if this is the kind of bait and switch tactics they use for all their products I surely won’t recommend them to friends and family 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP