Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is the surviving spouse of a veteran able to get a membership???

Contributor

Is the surviving spouse of a veteran able to get a membership???

My husband passed away September of last year. He was a combat veteran & 100% totally & permanently disabled; I believe that's why he had the full membership, although he was only 40. I am the secondary member.... Am I eligible to become the primary (full membership) member & make our 18 year old son the free secondary member??? 

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@NikkiLove7 Sorry to hear about your loss. Yes you can take over the membership and add your son, as long as your son lives at the same address. Give us a call so we can process these changes: 888 687 2277.

Silver Conversationalist

@NikkiLove7  I am so sorry for your unimaginable loss. I looked it up and, “AARP offers Associate Memberships for people under 50. As an Associate Member, you’ll get all of the great benefits that aren’t restricted by vendor offer requirements such as age-restricted insurance products. After you turn 50, your membership will automatically convert to a full membership with no effort on your part.” It is my understanding that the 2nd membership is for any other adult living in your household. It sounds like your son qualifies. You have my support.  @AARPMichaelP  or  @AARPTeri please confirm. @NikkiLove7 I wish you and your family peace. Take care.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you so much for kind words and your time as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP