Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is the surviving spouse of a veteran able to get a membership???

Contributor

Is the surviving spouse of a veteran able to get a membership???

My husband passed away September of last year. He was a combat veteran & 100% totally & permanently disabled; I believe that's why he had the full membership, although he was only 40. I am the secondary member.... Am I eligible to become the primary (full membership) member & make our 18 year old son the free secondary member??? 

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@NikkiLove7 Sorry to hear about your loss. Yes you can take over the membership and add your son, as long as your son lives at the same address. Give us a call so we can process these changes: 888 687 2277.

Silver Conversationalist

@NikkiLove7  I am so sorry for your unimaginable loss. I looked it up and, โ€œAARP offers Associate Memberships for people under 50. As an Associate Member, youโ€™ll get all of the great benefits that arenโ€™t restricted by vendor offer requirements such as age-restricted insurance products. After you turn 50, your membership will automatically convert to a full membership with no effort on your part.โ€ It is my understanding that the 2nd membership is for any other adult living in your household. It sounds like your son qualifies. You have my support.  @AARPMichaelP  or  @AARPTeri please confirm. @NikkiLove7 I wish you and your family peace. Take care.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you so much for kind words and your time as well.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP