Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Inquiring about help with bus fare/public transportation to get to doctor's appointment

Inquiring about help with bus fare/public transportation to get to doctor's appointment

I was just inquiring if anyone has any referrals and where I can retrieve bus fare or any means of transportation to get to doctor's appointments I don't drive  and I'm very low on funds it's a difficult time right now and I'm into bind where I have doctor appointment that I can't get to because I don't have no means of transportation so I'm just looking to see if anybody has any advice into where I can retrieve bus fare please thank you I appreciate it

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DalenaA273712 I'd like to share some information that may be helpful. The Eldercare Locator is a nationwide service that connects older Americans and their caregivers with trustworthy local support resources. You can contact the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116 to see if they are able to provide you with local resources in your area.
Also, you can search free or reduced cost services with AARP Foundation's Local Assistance Directory to find food, housing, health, employment programs and more in your area. You can get started by visiting our site https://local.aarpfoundation.org/ and entering your zip code. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything further I can do. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @DalenaA273712 I’m in a similar situation. So it depends on where you live & factors like your age….as in if you’re 65 or over…you then should qualify for Medicare. If you have that…then it depends on other things like your insurance benefits. Our state’s Medicare insurance benefits plans can include that type of transportation to get to doctor's appointments….as do some MediGap plans. You might also do an online search your local & state’s government websites…And if your state has a 211 phone helpline, as most do, that would be another source of help. Maybe some of your local churches can help as well.

Hope you have some success soon.…

Take care ~Allen

Silver Conversationalist

Also....I wanted to add that AARP has info & links for the issues we are talking about...just look around this website....something is bound to help! 👍

Let us know if you found something that helped you!

Again....

Hope you have some success soon.…😊

Take care ~Allen

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP