Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

I use my house phone not a mobile phone

I do not use a mobile phone for calls. or texts. 
 It is much more convenient to use my computer for internet access,  house phone for calls, and e-mail

instead of texting, for messages.
Yet I see no option to provide my phone number unless it is a mobile number.  . 
 What's up with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Periodic Contributor

They need a mobile phone number so they can TEXT you.  Don't let them do it !

View solution in original post

Periodic Contributor

They need a mobile phone number so they can TEXT you.  Don't let them do it !

Periodic Contributor

Thanks. Exactly why I do not comply with demands to provide a cell phone number.

Don't know if AARP does much spamming, however, it is easier to avoid finding out than to deal with unwanted, unneeded  message,
I have a number I can have texts sent to, however I do not want it used as my primary number, in the event it is actually necessary to contact me for a bona fide reason. 
I ONLY check the number if I know there is a text incoming.  Luckily I can block spamming at the number, and do.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Pew research says 97% of Americans own a cell phone and 85% of them own a smart phone. The percentage is likely to increase each year. You are in a shrinking minority. 

Periodic Contributor

What does that have to do with me not wanting to distribute a cell phone number?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP