Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Social Butterfly

How do I deal with HTML???

Repeatedly when I go to POST I get this message telling me to correct HIGHLIGHTED areas and then post. WELL, NEVER do I see any HTML highlights and no matter what I do it will NOT let me continue.  I have tried copying, discarding, reloading, posting elsewhere within the same thread, but NOTHING works.  

I click on the HTML link and that tells me NOTHING, too.  

Anyone help?

Thanks, 

Gorm50

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

@Gorm50 

When you get the HTML error message - highlight the whole post and then hit the "clear formatting" editing tool - it is between the quote tool and the link tool. (see screen shot below)

Screenshot_2021-04-10 How do I deal with HTML (1).png

quote  🔝    link

This should remove all HTML or what is showing up as such in the post.  Any links should remain as links

Try that - This is the simplest solution.  More difficult if you are inserting info from another source as a copy/paste

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

In Windows, when copying from another source -- right click > Paste as plain text OR Ctrl+Shift+V.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have tried copying, discarding, reloading, posting elsewhere within the same thread, but NOTHING works.

When you  "copy" and "paste" look for another option that says "paste as plain text" and click that.  It will contain no "HTML".  That's the way you will never get the HTML error.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Gorm50 

When you get the HTML error message - highlight the whole post and then hit the "clear formatting" editing tool - it is between the quote tool and the link tool. (see screen shot below)

Screenshot_2021-04-10 How do I deal with HTML (1).png

quote  🔝    link

This should remove all HTML or what is showing up as such in the post.  Any links should remain as links

Try that - This is the simplest solution.  More difficult if you are inserting info from another source as a copy/paste

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you, Gail!  That has been frustrating the bejesus out of me!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP