Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Info Seeker

Hartford service issues

The service and customer care at the Hartford is terrible. I was in an accident and the other company took full responsibility. My car was sent to a body shop and on May 25th and is still in the shop. We were given a rental but after 30 days Hartford said we were responsible for the rental. Even though they kept the vehicle and waited to decide if they were going to total it or not. I cannot afford to rent a car for this length of time. The Hartford showed no concern even though the other company took full liability Hartford woyuld not pay for the rental and get the money from the other insurance company. 

On top of that I have to pay $1000 to get my car. Again the other company claimed full responsibility.

I never get calls back. I go for days without a reply. Email seems to work better. As soon as this fiasco is done I will be researching other insurance options. I will also be cancelling my AARP membership when it comes up for renewal

You would think that if the AARP puts their name on a service you would get better customer care. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Michael. I am so sorry to hear about your claim experience with The Hartford. AARP would like to help by reaching out to The Hartford on your behalf for their immediate attention. Please send us a private Facebook message or call us toll-free at 1 (888) 687-2277 and provide the following information:

• your name and address
  • your AARP membership # & your Hartford policy #
  • please provide these details as well
  • your phone #

Please mention that you are requesting an escalation with the Member Relations team. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

send the bill to the driver of the other car?? i certainly would not pay, and would get the other person to take responsibility, especially if the police report supported the evidence

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP