Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Constant spam texts after joining AARP

Starting a week after joining AARP I've been getting at least 6 texts a day about erectile dysfunction and **bleep** enlargement.  These are not problems I have and have never done any kind of search for such products.  I've joined no other mailing lists, sites, groups, or organizations within months prior or since and can think of no other correlation that would've put me on such a list.  Only AARP.  Who did you sell my number to and how will you make this stop?

I have the same spam its says from AARP and it looks real because the scammer copied the text from a real email. If you click on raw message you can see who it is really from. I found mine was from renter-16578info@knownemotion.site . But this same character "renter" is behind so many more of those spam emails not just for AARP but the ones you mentioned. I don't know how they got my email, but it was not from AARP because I have not joined AARP and they did not have my email. I came here to report the spam to AARP but they are not around, it's only a chat bot.

Community Concierge

@LaurelZ633497 Thanks for letting us know, Laurel! Be sure to report these suspicious emails as spam when you receive them. You can also report to the AARP Fraud Watch Network by calling 1-877-908-3360 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, and Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET. 

Community Concierge

@CorneliusB866859 Thank you for joining AARP! We do not sell your personal information. We encourage you to review the Privacy Policy itself to answer any questions you may have about how we handle your personal info. Those texts sound like spam. We recommend that you don't respond and you may also want to block the sender of those messages. I invite you to check out our helpful article that discusses ways to stay safe from suspicious texts: https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2021/texts-smartphone.html 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP