Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Conversationalist

Bug tracker software?

I see so many posts about issues playing browser games on the AARP site, it has to be a major time sink for the staff. Maybe you've already considered it, but I wonder if a bug tracker system would help. Initially, it would be challenging for the submitters, but eventually they might get good at collecting and providing the details you need to diagnose issues. I can't imagine trying to resolve these issues without details like OS and browser versions and extensions. It might provide a way for site users to track the bugs the developers are working on and search for accepted solutions. For the folks unwilling to provide details, you could offer the boiler-plate message, "clear your cookies and update your versions". Of course, dropping the games is also an option. A few hundred folks might rage-quit the site, but eventually, morale might improve on both sides. Just a thought...

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DirkB349973 Thank you for your feedback! I have taken note of your suggestions for our team to review. Are you experiencing any issues with the games or website? Please let me know if there's anything I can do, I'm here to help!  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I seldom play the games and have not experienced issues, but thanks for asking. I have a background in IT and I know how difficult it is to diagnose issues without having the information needed to recreate the bug.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DirkB349973 You're welcome! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm always here to help, please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP