Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Bluetooth Speaker gift for membership renewal

Contributor

Bluetooth Speaker gift for membership renewal

My volume control doesn’t work.  It seems to be permantley set at LOW (so low you need to put it next to your ear to hear it)

1- any troubleshooting advice?
2- Who/where do I ask for a replacement?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Concierge

@MinjeM223311 I'm here to help! I was able to order you a replacement Bluetooth speaker since your gift is defective. You can expect to receive it within 3-4 weeks by mail. Once it ships, you will also be able to track it online, learn more here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/Where-s-my-free-gift

View solution in original post

Hi I got my Mini Bluetooth Speaker. It is connected to my iPhone. But, I don’t know how to use it. Can you explain how to use it now that it’s connected to my iPhone? 

Thanks,

Deborah Emmons

Community Concierge

@MinjeM223311 I'm here to help! I was able to order you a replacement Bluetooth speaker since your gift is defective. You can expect to receive it within 3-4 weeks by mail. Once it ships, you will also be able to track it online, learn more here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/Where-s-my-free-gift

Contributor

I am trying to add the Bluetooth speaker for use with my iPad. Unfortunately, it does not pair. I have paired many other devices and I’m not sure why this one would be different. Please help.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi nd53391! Please send me a private message so, we can address the situation. Include the full address so I can locate the membership. -Sue J 

0 Kudos
Contributor

My bluetooth speaker just emits a chirping sound after I pair it with my android phone. Followed instructions and no success. Can I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
Contributor

My free speaker paired one time and since then it will not pair. Just flashes as if it’s paired and it isn’t.  Can I get a replacement? 

Community Concierge

@CarolynL150787 Hey Carolyn, let's look into it! Please send me a private message with your complete mailing address so I can locate your account. The steps to send a message can be found here: How do I send a private message

Contributor

Mine does the same thing:  volume defective.  Also, my speaker is paired with my smartphone  with the bluetooth function.  The pairing is complete but the blue light (very bright) keeps flashing, which, according to my searches, means it is trying to pair!  Why keep trying if it's already paired?!  I'm very disappointed and if AARP doesn't do something about this, I will cancel and get my renewal $$ back.  I'm so tired of having to chase other people's mistakes.

Community Concierge

@FrancesC759331 Thank you for your membership! A replacement speaker will be delivered to you within 3-4 weeks. Once it ships, you will find the tracking info online. Learn more here: Where Is My Free AARP Gift? Also, please note that the flashing light means that the device is paired. I hope you decide to stick with us. I'm always here to help if you need anything!

Contributor

Wanted to say thank you. I got the replacement and, while the light flashing issue continues, the volume seems much better.  I appreciate the action you took.  All the best ---

Community Concierge

@FrancesC759331 You're welcome, Frances! It's great that it's flashing- that means it's connected!

I received the free speaker and the blue light just flashes continuously.  Is this just another one of those useless AARP gadgets designed to get one to renew?

Community Concierge

@JosephB881399 Hi Joseph, I can help! Does the speaker say "Connected" or play any other sound when it's flashing?

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @MinjeM223311

I wrote about that very subject earlier this year:

I had a “Bluetooth speaker” which sounded like a practical & useful bonus gift….yet at 4 inches high you could barely hear anything…& worse…it only worked with a device that’s less than 10 feet away…..

So unfortunately it’s a cheap poorly made gift ☹️….so much for MEH bonus gifts! 😒

Take care ~Allen 

Contributor

Yours is 4 inches high?  Mine is 2.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP