Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Auction bid rejected

Message 1 of 4

Update after sending: sorry for the length. It just all flowed out.

Thanks for the replies, y'all. The situation here is not one of being outbid. I know how that works. The bid, any bid this morning, was simply rejected even though higher than the current bid at the time.

<interjection>

UPDATE: as I write this response, I tried again. This time bids are accepted. Maybe there was a temporary server issue.

</interjection>

As to methods of using points. Thanks for the link, but other than the donation, I already check all the methods. There is rarely any interesting merchandise for me. Daily Deals (ones I can actually use) are always gone. In auctions, I usually have several 100 thousand points less than a current bid (if not a million less - lol).

There seem to be auctions that I never see that appear to go for less points (according to the Closed Auctions lists). That's a confusing non-standard auction system, but I understand the logic behind whatever explanations I could find. AARP migh tbe better off just handing out the items, ala Oprah - you get a card, and you get a card, you all get a card!

Donation of 2000 points per month is new to me, but I haven't yet found how to do that. The link provided by AARPLauraM suggests that it has to be offered somehow. There is a Donate button at the top of this Community page - not R4G point based, though - but none that I can find in the R4G section.

Ah well, not a big deal. I've won an auction or two back when they actually worked like auctions, with frantic bidding near the end. That was something fun and exciting! Looking forward to what AARP has in store for the new Rewards. Any hints, AARPLauraM?

Oh, AARPLauraM, while I still think about it: can we renew our account with points. A one-time 100000 or so for an extra year? That would seem like a nice loyalty reward.

Cheers y'all

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

If someone outbids you, it's like any other auction. They win.

Auction bids went way out of whack a long time ago, but with everybody facing the switch and loss of all points when RfG terminates, the bids have gone way out there.

If you have only 175,000 points to bid, you'll have to wait and keep trying until nobody wants it that badly.

Another way you can use some of your points would be to look through the local offers and the gift cards. Some of those require a payment out of pocket along with points, but you might find some things you like.

Good luck to you.

Enjoy!

-Lynn

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hi! Let me help by offering some suggestions on top ways to use your points in August. You can visit https://aarp.info/2xQelq4 and click on the drop down for redeeming your points to see updated information on the daily deals, sweepstakes, merchandise and more. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Auction bid rejected

Message 4 of 4

The image below was for a $5 Amazon card that ends tomorrow, but it seems to be any of the auctions, at least for me.

This makes it a little difficult to use up my points Robot Frustrated

auction-bid-reject.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season