Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Annoying AARP notification

How do I uninstall that annoying AARP icon that pops up on the right side of my screen and opens up every time I go onto another website? It is soooooo annoying to me. I want to get rid of it, but you do not have anything on the site about how to stop if from popping up. Please HELP!!

Contributor

I disabled the AARP PERKS extension in  "Manage Extensions" in my Chrome Browser

Contributor

Thank You!!  Don't mind getting an occasional notification, but every time I open a window, and taking up over 1/3 of my screen.  Ummm, nope, now I will get none of their notifications.   Too bad for them.   

0 Kudos

Excellent advice.  This extension is annoying verging on the predatory.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much!! I have had the same problem and didn't know how to remove it. Your help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well, it looks like this problem is a continuing issue, and Janelle M has not responded to the question since March 3.  How do you REMOVE the side pop-up ads from AARP?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@HelenS953 Hi Helen, let's look into it! If you're having an issue with ads, you may be interested in reviewing your browser settings. Browsers have different security options and configurations; please visit your browsers support page for more information. If you are receiving an unusual number of pop-ups with inappropriate or misleading content, considering running an anti-virus scan to check your computer for malware. Also, you may want to check out the website troubleshooting steps found here: https://aarp.info/2I3wo4C 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@l64185r Is there a message that displays with the icon? Are you on a PC or mobile device? Mobile app or web browser? Please provide me with as much detail as possible so I can look into it. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP