Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

ACTVITIES FOR SENIOR HOMES

Besides Bingo can you suggest activities and games for Seniors who live in Senior Housing Facilities?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 

That is a really good question and I will try to ponder it but do you have any sort of "abilities" ranking for the "Senior Housing Facilities" - there are many different types

• independent Living
  • Assisted Living with different degrees and needs for assistance
  • Nursing Homes - again with different degrees and needs for assistance

For those who can - there are simple charades.  The category can be as easy or as hard, as generalized or specific, as the crowd can muster. 

What about paring up in smaller groups for a game of Concentration - matching items together.

Movement programs can be designed for those that can follow directions even those that must sit while performing -

When my Mom was in a Memory Care Unit - they would sit each resident that could hopefully participate around a solid big table and push a very light weight beach ball into play - residents would just knock it back and forth.  This also helped the staff watch who was participating or not as a measurement of scale in each one's assessment.

When my Mom was in Independent Living - all kinds of crafts were done - they once made tissue paper flowers- some on stems and other just big - the staff placed them around the 12 floors of the complex for a specific time period. 

It just all depends on the seniors,  their independent abilities, their interest. 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

thank you

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP