Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: timed games

Message 1 of 13

Thanks @Hallegolden, yes it does!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13
Mahjongg Dimensions is the one game I don't mind being timed so much because you have a chance to win minutes back and seems that is the point of the game. I do have to be in the frame of mind for it knowing it's pressure to get those minutes. Smiley Happy Still, I believe options would work for all.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

Hi @dandai,

I play the Mahjongg Dimensions game (which is annoyingly timed). On that game you can turn off the sound and the music. Once you press Start to begin the game, click on the icon (it looks like two fat, vertical, white blocks) in the upper right corner of the game. The Options menu displays. Click on the music and sound icons (or move the bar to the far left) to turn off all sound. It makes the game so much more enjoyable--except for the timing problem. :-)

I hope this helps.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

What is up with the timers on games? Seniors want to play games but not all of us want timed games. We just like to play them and FINISH them regardless of how long it takes!!!!!!

Please make them optional! And while you're at it, please also make an optional way to mute the irritating music other than having to use the mute icon on the tab.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13
AGREE AGREE AGREE. Please listen to us. Remove the timers or simply make it an option. I also have games that allow you to win and finish to the end!! Yes, they do exist and are so much more enjoyable and relaxing and satisfying. Please listen.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

I have often commented on the timing of games and totally agree that games should be for enjoyment and not frustrating.  I too like to finish a game just for the satisfaction and not to make the 'top ten'.  Making the timer optional seems to be the easiest solution.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

As I totally agree with the idea of having no timing limitations in AARP games, Mr. Hallegolden's solution of having the option to turn on or off game timing is right on, such as with the 'Split Words' game! And....the default should be to not have time limits. Implementing this option may just revive us (senior) participants' interest in playing the many enjoyable AARP games.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13
Yes, thank you Hallegolden. I've had to quit playing some games I really liked because my blood pressure went up trying to beat the timer. I'm retired and just want to enjoy the game - no more deadlines please. I like the idea of having the choice to play either way.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Could we have a choice to play the game either with the timer or without the timer?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Timed Games are very frustrating! After all my effort to play the game(s) to the end, ZAP! You're suddenly kicked out without finishing the game.  I have never been able to play a Mahjongg game to the end...! VERY MADDENING...!  I would like to be able to play a game until the end. This goes for all other AARP games as well. I've been anxiously looking at other game sites for games without timers. PLEASE - REMOVE THE TIMERS!!!

Kudos
Views