From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: timed games

Message 1 of 9
AGREE AGREE AGREE. Please listen to us. Remove the timers or simply make it an option. I also have games that allow you to win and finish to the end!! Yes, they do exist and are so much more enjoyable and relaxing and satisfying. Please listen.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

I have often commented on the timing of games and totally agree that games should be for enjoyment and not frustrating.  I too like to finish a game just for the satisfaction and not to make the 'top ten'.  Making the timer optional seems to be the easiest solution.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

As I totally agree with the idea of having no timing limitations in AARP games, Mr. Hallegolden's solution of having the option to turn on or off game timing is right on, such as with the 'Split Words' game! And....the default should be to not have time limits. Implementing this option may just revive us (senior) participants' interest in playing the many enjoyable AARP games.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9
Yes, thank you Hallegolden. I've had to quit playing some games I really liked because my blood pressure went up trying to beat the timer. I'm retired and just want to enjoy the game - no more deadlines please. I like the idea of having the choice to play either way.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Could we have a choice to play the game either with the timer or without the timer?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Timed Games are very frustrating! After all my effort to play the game(s) to the end, ZAP! You're suddenly kicked out without finishing the game.  I have never been able to play a Mahjongg game to the end...! VERY MADDENING...!  I would like to be able to play a game until the end. This goes for all other AARP games as well. I've been anxiously looking at other game sites for games without timers. PLEASE - REMOVE THE TIMERS!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

AS A SENIOR CITIZEN I CAN NO LONGER PLAY 5 ROLL OR OTHER GAMES.  AARP IS A MESS.  WHY JOIN FOR THEM TO TAKE OUR MONEY..........AS YOU KNOW THEIR NEW GAMES

ARE FOR KIDS.  IT SEEMS TO ME THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO'S BRINGING HOME THE BACON.....CW

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Hello @eldean19, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback about the graphics on the new Mahjongg Toy Chest game. I'm glad that you found a good alternative in the Jigsaw game. You also make an interesting point about games that have a timer. Please know that I am sharing your thoughts and ideas with the games team here at AARP. Thanks for your contribution to the Online Community.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

timed games

Message 9 of 9

Mahjongg Toy Chest was my favorite game but the new version is not fun to play. I previously stated that the colors are washed out and the characters on the tiles are too small, which makes it difficult to match up tiles. What I also found is that the game has a timer which I really don't like. The timer is frustrating and unnecessary. Since I dislike the new Mahjongg Toy Chest, I switched over to the Jigsaw game as the color brightness and contrast are all right, and the game pieces are not too small. I might like the Jigsaw game but it is unnecessarily frustrating because it is timed. I think the timed games should be reviewed to determined whether a timer is absolutely necessary.

Kudos
Views
Replies