Periodic Contributor

scoring in pyramid solitaire

Does anybody else have issues with the scoring in pyramid solitaire?  I have never scored higher than I did on about the first day I ever played, even though I have played games in less time with more cards taken off!  Sometimes I watch the score as I play and it actually has subtracted points!!  What's up with that??

Contributor

How

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have taught myself to play Pyramid Solitaire much faster. Now, I score in the 1800's once in about five games. Still something is wrong with game be cause I have never scored higher than 1846.

Johnthewise1
Regular Contributor

Does playing faster count that much? I thought that using fewer letters from the bottom more  from the pyramid is important.  What is your opinion?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I think you are on to part of the scoring.  It's a plus and minus; each time you use a card at the bottom, it's a minus,  and each pair you make is a plus.  So, the fewer cards you use does affect the score.  But you also have to clear the pyramid.  All the same, it does not appear to be at all consistent and not alot of fun.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Same people, same scores every day. Very poorly designed site. Play "Pyramid" and finish get "Play Again", "Play Now", and finally "Play". How many times do you need to ask? Think I will stick to playing Microsoft games. Much better site and no commercials.  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

But one wonders how do they get these scores day after day? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

how does one read the replies here?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I see the same names day after day "bonnie" is always at the top in the 1850's   I think I play reasonably well. Ages ago I got 1838.  I can usually get into the 1800's but never high. Have you any ideas how these same people make high scores daily?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've had questions about the scoring in Pyramid Solitaire for some time now.  It seems every day ten players get their 1800+ high scores and I can never even get close, even when clearing all cards with good times.  I don't have a gaming laptop (meaning fast), but still who are these privileged people?   FYI, I think each card turned without making a pair will cost you though, so subtracting from the score is possible.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have the same problem.  I have NEVER scored higher than 1841!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I just played a game of Pyramid Solitaire and used all the cards.  The timer read 9:11 minutes left and I got a score of 1767!    Things like this happen all the time!  My husband stopped playing this game for this reason.  I see the same names at the top of the leader board all the time, how do they get there?  What do they know that we don't.

Periodic Contributor

I agree with Janet!! I cannot score higher than 1791 - ever!! what is the secret?
Contributor

I agree! The scoring in this game is a problem.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png