Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: majohng solitare scoring

Message 1 of 10

Thanks for the tip!  I have learned that the suits have different points assigned, chaining the suits gives progressively more points for each match, and clearing as much of the board as possible gives a percentage bonus at the end, but I was missing how the score multiplier was factoring into the score.  Still don't understand if matching from the top/down or outer/in is better when you have a choice of three tiles that may be matched.  Do any fellow Mahjongg Solitaire junkies out there have a helpful hint that they would care to share with us?

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 2 of 10

Thank you - I'll try to get those long chains.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 3 of 10

A high score basically comes down to three things...getting several long chains in a game (a chain of 10 matches is pretty high), getting the chains early in the game while the score multiplier is high, then clearing the board before time expires to get a large bonus at the end. If you aren't sure exactly how the chain groupings are made up, hit the question mark and then the scoring tab before you actually pick your first match. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 4 of 10

Same here. Either I finish the game within the time limit and get a low score or, I get a higher score but get timed out.

My husband thinks that it is a ploy to get us to see more ads

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 5 of 10

I am also clearing the board several times and can't achieve those high scores. How is it done?

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 6 of 10

Am having the same trouble.  I have actually only finished a screen five or six times. I score less than 58,000, even though I still 4-1/2 minutes left on the clock.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 7 of 10

I too am curious to know the way to get the scores that are listed.  I cannot get much higher than 57,000.  There are many that hit near or at 100,000 so it appears to be possible.  Can anyone let us know how to get past finishing one screen?  Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

glad i am not alone in this!  i have tried it all the ways i can imagine and the highest i have gotten 651. i wonder it time has anything to do with it, the faster done the better... it would be great if someone who is getting the high scores let us in on the secret!  

Good Luck!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 9 of 10

I agree with you. I don't understand how people are getting these high scores? Is the object of the game to get as many chains as you can as well as clearing the board? Does the length of each chain make a difference in the score? Is it better to work from the outside in or from the middle out? Has any one replyed to you with any answers? I am very frustrated with this and no matter how many times I play I still don't know what I am doing wrong. Please reply and thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

majohng solitare scoring

Message 10 of 10

How are people getting such high scores in the solitare game? even if i can clear the board i am nowhere near the top scores no matter how fast i am!  any

info would be great!

thanks

kathy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users