Trusted Contributor

mahjong remix

This game has always been 4 rounds. Now I've noticed that I am getting 5 rounds each time I play.  Has the game changed?    Is everyone else getting 5 rounds?Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Contributor

I find the key to the game (even though I still can't get past 22,180) is simply speed. The chain bonus starts at +20, then +30, and so on. If you take more than around 2 seconds between matches, it resets back. So the next match you make gets no chain bonus, then if you make another match within 2 seconds you get the +20 and so on.

It's a fun game, but frustrating. I also agree that it seems to be a bit easier on a touch screen, than using a mouse - but that depends on how sensitive your mouse is.

I have one question (pet peeve) regarding the game. As you score your points, they appear immediately at the top of the screen, including your bonus. At the end of the game, your total score appears at the top of the screen, but then the overlay shows your score, then your "time bonus" then it adds your time bonus to your score in a count up, then shows your score. This seems incredibly redundant. You can already see your score and yet you have to wait through this silly animation to see the very same score. Any one else notice this?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I'm stuck on 30490. Some folks are scoring in the 31000+ range. The quicker you complete all 5 levels, the higher the time bonus at the end.

If you complete all 5 levels making quick matches & keeping the match bonus multiplier from resetting, you will most assuredly score at least 30000 - 31000 points. Also noticed on the 1st level, the timer doesnt start until you click on the 1st tile, so you have time to scrutinize the the board for several matches before the timer starts. This only applies to level 1 tho.

Regular Contributor

Not me .Sometimes I just make it before the time runs out . And other times I don’t get done with the 4 th puzzle
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, I am getting 5 rounds. Still trying to beat my highest score--which is way below the top scorers .

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yep, you are right.  We are now getting 5 boards.  Have you found the rules?  What exactly do you do to earn bouns points.  And how are they calculated?  I have finished all 5 boards with more than 2 minutes left and can't get over 22,000 points.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to know the key to scoring also.  I can rarely get over 25000.  What's the strategy on this game?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I don’t know that I get25000 . Even when I get to level 5
0 Kudos
Contributor

I always get to the fifth level but have yet to score 25,000 points.  My current high is 22,500.  However, I did notice when I first started playing I much faster if I used my touch screen capabilities instead of my mouse.  It's the only game I play using touch screen but it made a big difference.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi!

I hear ya!

I guess those that score higher either don't want to share, aren't on here or it is just simply they are faster than we are.

Oh well, I will just keep playing and trying to score higher.

N

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Sometimes I make it to level 5 .sometimes I don't .what I have lurned is to make the matches that are right together. And also go as fast as you can 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I played it twice and got 26,970 on my second game. Noticed that you have to make your matches quickly and accurately. There is a bonus sound thats gets higher pitched each time you make a match. If you make an incorrect match or take too much time between matches, the bonus timer goes back to zero and starts over. I'll try it a couple more times and see what else I can find out. Hope that helps.

Contributor

THANKS!!  ANY more hints out there?

0 Kudos
Contributor

THANK YOU @BobJ685852! I've been trying to get a higher score than 24,000 and just can't. I will take every hint I can 😉

0 Kudos
Contributor

Need more clues! Anybody have any for this game? Maybe I am just not fast enough 😞

0 Kudos