AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: known issue: skip ad button on mobile

Message 1 of 4

Hi @dunipace, thanks for your post. The fix for the skip button has not yet been launced. I'm sorry for the delay but shouldn't be much longer. Apologies for the confusion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: known issue: skip ad button on mobile

Message 2 of 4

The skip ad button still does not work.

Your suggestion on how to get the button to work also fails to work .

I’m writing this because a four minute ad started playing and there is no way to stop it.  

Hope it won’t take too many more months to find a fix.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

known issue: skip ad button on mobile

Message 3 of 4

Hello @Dej, thanks for your post. We are aware of the skip-ad button bug on mobile devices and are working to fix it. In the short term, please try this workaround:  The skip-ad button works, however, the bug causes the video progress bar to overlay the button. If you click the top edge of the skip-ad button—above where the progress bar covers it—the ad will skip successfully. (You may need to click here twice.) Thanks again for your contribution to the AARP Online Community!

Kudos
Views
Dej
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

known issue: skip ad button on mobile

Message 4 of 4

Skip ads no longer works. Plus, the ads now are many minutes long instead of seconds. Very upsetting.

I am unable to install an ad type blocker on this iPad, unless someone can advise me on how to do it without adding to what is left of my very small open memory space. 

Kudos
Views
Replies