Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: forty thieves

Message 1 of 4

The only thing I can think of as far as scoring high points is that they're playing the easy mode.  The first time I tried the game, that's what I did and scored over 4000 points -- decided that was just too easy so have been playing the hard level --- I'm way down at the bottom in scoring.  I'm not a fast player for one thing  & there is also a lot of luck involved  Keep on truckin!  You may not be a big winner but it does keep our brains working!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Thanks, I came to that conclusion about the PILE. But how do they get 4000 plus points?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

This is a long & frustrating game @mickeynh but I do have one suggestion (at least it seems to help  me!) -- if I have identical cards that can be played -- one showing on the board (where they're all face up) and one showing on top of the turn-over pile, I choose the one off of the turn-over pile figuring that the one on the board will always be there but the ones in the pile get buried quickly & may never be retrievable.  Of course, this depends on what type of action using one or the other stirs up so naturally you'd take the one with the better results.  Something to consider anyway and good luck!  Also, naturally you'll be wanting to get all the aces in place asap.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

forty thieves

Message 4 of 4

Any hints on strategy playing this?

Kudos