Periodic Contributor

blackjack

It is time for me to take a break from the Blackjack game, for a couple of reasons.

First, it is not competitive for many players who do not have programmed playing winning them score in the millions, a physical impossibility for someone just playing the game without a computer assist.

Second,  a trend in recent days (?) when I try to play maximum bets. Today I played every hand by the standards/guidance provided, and lost 35 of 40 games. It makes me wonder if the algorithm is set to force players to make smaller bets.  It is not uncommon for the "house" to win 8 out of ten hands .

I know from earlier discussions that some players believe the deal is strictly random but the streaks I am seeing routinely (4 of 10 hands give the dealer a blackjack)   are too consistent to be truly random deals.

I have played off and one for a couple of years but it in no longer interesting. The million scores alone take away the fun.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

welcome to the wacky world of black jack. i lost 12 straight to this guy and he also had 6 back jacks in a row. i quit complaining about him and those high scores.  i wonder if you realize that one player won every day from christmas to july 4. all you can do is pick a score you feel you would like to beat and go for that at least it will keep your intrest and competitive nature going. have fun its just a frustrating game

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

yep
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png