Contributor

backgammon

the been able to achieve is  highest i have been able to achieve is 176. how do you get the high scores?

Regular Contributor

The computers main fault is that it will knock off your 'stones' every time it can. I try to double up 3 spaces where you bear off, then intentionally let it knock me off, so I can come back and knock it off, meanwhile trying to fill in or get pieces in position to fill in. It takes time, patience, and luck. If you can get 7-8 pieces of more on the bar and fill in your 'home' so it can't get off, that's how you get a higher score. Playing against it as you would a human, doesn't work if you want high scores. 

Periodic Contributor

I agree but it's sure not a regular backgammon game...the computer is just a bad player, lol

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My high score has been 216 but it's usually under 160.

I assume we are playing a computer because it plays the same game all the time and frankly doesn't know any of the classic opening moves.  

I wish we could play real people and have a chat feature.  I get bored with the dumbest computer game I have ever played.   In maybe 100 games I have played......I have only lost 3 times.

I also start to think the computer is cheating since the opponent is getting doubles while I don't and when I am rolling off...I often roll a 1......7 times in a row.   

Do computers have feelings....okay, that is a joke *maybe*....but why can't the computer learn the game?  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Either the software developer has rigged the scores (because the computer NEVER makes a wrong move!) or they are just plain cheating, as usual!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The computer makes wrong moves all the time.

Periodic Contributor

And I disagree since the computer makes nothing but bad moves.  Maybe you are new to the game...and I don't mean this as an insult but this is not a smart computer that knows anything about how to play.  

I wish it would learn but I guess it was thrown together by someone who doesn't know the game and did not program it to learn. 

You really think it's can't be wrong? I think it's wrong almost always.  The object isn't to just hit the blots but to be a few moves ahead.  The reason I win so often is due to the mistakes of the computer...not because I have good dice and shouldn't have lost.  I should have the computer does not know this game...trust me.     

Good luck and learn the game elsewhere since if you played a human like this computer does you would get creamed by even a marginally knowledgable player.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png