Periodic Contributor

aarp games website down

For more tan a week I cannot access AARP games. The site appears for a moment but disappears in seconds leaving me with a blank screen. I tried to change my web browser, I cleared my cookies.to no avail. I called AARP headquarters, again without any results. Any time they make a change in games there is a problem. The old games were SO MUCH BETTER! I enjoyed the old spellbound game, less the new one, now BOTH are gone. Yhe remaining games are mostly hard to understand and not fun to oplay. I enjoyed the old version of eggs, very colorful. You have to understand that many older people have vision loss and enjoy gright colors.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @marvol, thank you for your post and I’m sorry to hear you are having issues accessing the site. Currently, our technical team is working on an issue that is affecting a small group of users. While they work to resolve this issue, may I recommend you try a few steps to see if it helps?

1) Clear your browser history

2) Access AARP’s main homepage at www.aarp.org. If you are logged in there (with your name showing in the top right of the red header bar), please log out using the down carat next to your name to open to menu

3) Then try accessing AARP Games at www.games.aarp.org

4) If you are able to successfully access AARP Games, you may then login from there in the red header bar and play on!

Hoping this may help get you into Games while we work to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos

Does the games page go down often?  I haven't been able to sign on for 2 days now.

0 Kudos

Me too. The site has been down for two or three days.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It takes me 5,6,7 tries to log in for a week now. Today I went into incognito and it worked right away. Try it and pass it along. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not been able to get on the AARP game site for the past two days.  Anyone else having this problem?

This is the error message I keep getting.

{"error":"An error has occurred while trying to authorize user. Error: 400 - Bad Request for https://aarpcloud.cdn.arkadiumhosted.com/arenax-api-user/api/v1/user/login?authProvider=aarp&arenaDo..."}

I have the site in my Favorites, but I also tried going the long route through the AARP site and come up with the same thing.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just so you know, I've been having this problem for the last several days.  It's very frustrating, and I get the exact error message that you do.  I came here  hoping someone had an answer:(

Periodic Contributor

Try opening it incognito. I just did and it worked right away?
0 Kudos
Contributor

Good to know it's not just me, I guess. Wish they would at the very least acknowledge the problem and give some indication of when it will be fixed. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find any answers, but I did find some free sites with the same games that I like to play!
Periodic Contributor

I am having the same exact problem.  The system updated recently and my computer is fairly new, so that should not be a problem.  I am seriously considering not renewing my AARP membership next year.

Trusted Contributor

the game site is not down----it is up and running-----I am playing games using my Chrome browser-----I do not get anything but a white screen using my Edge browser---so   just for aarp games   I use Chrome..   however  there are still issues with the games such as the "daily" scorie tallies which seem to occur at any time.----not midnight -midnight.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It is now 8 pm and it isn't coming up at all, only the AARP banner and about 2 inches of blank space above that. I had no problem this morning.

Contributor

I am also experiencing this same problem. It just stinks may be if we all stop renewing our AARP cards the problem will get resolved quickly. I like to play games a few times a day to relax and I am not happy
Periodic Contributor

This is week two with no access to the games.  I too have followed AARP's suggestions and cleared my browser/cookies/etc.  I still don't get any content.  Pages appear for a few seconds and then disappear.  This appears to be a glitch in the new updated games program. Customer service is of NO HELP.  They appear to be reading from a script and do not address the current problem at all.  AARP needs to own up to the fact they DON'T KNOW why the site is down and stop trying to make it appear as if it is OUR problem. It would be prudent for AARP to post a statement on the main homepage site that tells users "the games site is under renovation" until further notice.  Currently, it appears AARP is trying to blame it's members and their "outdated equipment" instead of owning the fact they launched a new program with quite a few bugs still to work out. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I spoke to AARP rep again today.  They finally confirmed what we have all been saying for the past 2 weeks.  The site has been down and they are still working out the bugs.  Some members are able to use it if your browser isn't Microsoft Edge.  Apparently (at least that is what I am told) Google Chrome users are able to utilize the game sites.  AARP Rep said they are stilling trying to fix the site. I will try again next week and see how far they have come.

Periodic Contributor

Still happening to me, too

Get a blank page.

Thanks for following this!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Do not hold your breath.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Agree - I downloaded Google Chrome and can now access AARP games.  On Google Chrome I now use Yahoo to go to AARP games and can once again open all the games.