Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: YET ANOTHER GLITCH IN THE NEW SYSTEM.... OR NOT?

Message 1 of 9

@Polly2017Waco wrote:

I play jigsaw, and the scores used to refresh at 11pm for me.  I would play several times and the list would change as others scored higher than me.  

But now the list is populated already at 11pm, and in twenty minutes as I played several times, the list never varied!   Has the refresh time changed? And even if it did, why are new scores not being added in?

The leaderboard is working better as of May 21.  But I don’t know what time it starts over for “Today”.  

May 23, 7:00pm Central Time!   That’s when I can make it to the leaderboard.  

May 28.  7pm is not the refresh time today.  Maybe it’s back to 11pm?

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

This is really strange. It finally worked for 1 game but then would not work again for a day or so. Then it worked again once and so on ...

Chrome and Windows 10.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9
I just played it with no problem (Chrome on Winn7 if that matters).
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

10:30pm Monday, 5/20/19, central time, the Jigsaw page is not loading.   All I get (iPad) is a page like a site map!  Hope this means someone is working on fixing the game, or its score leader list. Later, it turns out that if I had scrolled down I would have seen the game. So I played several times and saw the screen display normalize.  But it’s hard to believe the players are not coming back to better their scores.  FINALLY  after a couple of hours, well after midnight Tuesday am, a new name showed up, displacing #10, and soon after, that, the new #10 was displaced.  So if I can beat the score, a stretch for me, I can get in the top 10.  WOOHOO! I did it! And I made not 10, but 9!  

Still don’t know what time of day the scores start over for the leaderboard. 

At about midnight Monday am, central time, I think the Today scores moved to This Week.  But the Today scores, unchanged for over an hour, did not blank out to start over.  Please fix the Leaderboard for Jigsaw!   And what time of day does the Today list start over??

I tried Jigsaw 5/18, Saturday, beginning shortly after 9pm central time.   The top scores  list was not quite the same as yesterday, but I kept checking, and it stayed all the same ids and numbers for hours.  I can’t tell when the list refreshed, but I suspect after the first 10 names are on there, it never adds or reshuffles the scores!   Correction - eventually new scores were added, all being way too high for me, but I guess not impossible. 

Definitely there’s a glitch.

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Since the change to the new system I cannot get the Daily Wordsearch game to work. It starts loading the page but never finishes. All other games I've tried work OK. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

I want to know why the page keeps jumping after the new system was put in place. It's hard to get what you actually want; I click on a game or a page or even one of these comments, then the page leaps, and I get something entirely different. On the games themselves, it's hard to stay in one area. If I try to move to the top or bottom of the game using the side bar, it jerks from one thing to another, never landing where I want it. Finally I give up... Also, the old problem of the page not loading is still there—or the page flipping to a white block and the game must be reloaded.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

I play jigsaw, and the scores used to refresh at 11pm for me.  I would play several times and the list would change as others scored higher than me.  

But now the list is populated already at 11pm, and in twenty minutes as I played several times, the list never varied!   Has the refresh time changed? And even if it did, why are new scores not being added in?

The leaderboard is working better as of May 21.  But I don’t know what time it starts over for “Today”.  

May 23, 7:00pm Central Time!   That’s when I can make it to the leaderboard.  

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Hello @nctarheel. Thanks for pointing this out. We are working to address this as a bug. It looks like an error occurred when scores were migrated from the former platform and the development team is working to troubleshoot and resolve.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

YET ANOTHER GLITCH IN THE NEW SYSTEM.... OR NOT?

Message 9 of 9

I have discovered both in the game OUTSPELL and the game BLACKJACK that players are now able to post multiple high scores under the same "measure" ie. daily, weekly, and monthly.

There is a player with the first place AND third place score for the week in BLACKJACK.

There is a player that has the second AND third place score for the month in OUTSPELL.

If players have the legitimate ability to do that then we could end up with all top 10 places in each "measure" being the SAME PERSON.

Is this a glitch or was it intended, @AARPLynne?

Kudos
Views
Replies