Regular Contributor

Word Wipe

I have been stuck on playing Word Wipe for probably the last month or so. I think I'm pretty good at it but can't figure out how the high score is in the 50,000 point range. Is there a trick or hint that can make my score better?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Glad you asked that question.  I've been wondering about that myself.....not just on Word Wipe but some of the others as well. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

mlou58 -- Following are my conclusions about high scores in WordWipe.  I gave the reasons for my conclusions in a few posts under the topic "WordWipe Scoring", if you are interested.  In short, I would say that any score above about 45,000 is almost certainly bogus.

"I’ve come to the conclusion that it is highly likely that there are some bogus scores being reported for Word Wipe.

Scores above 60,000: Most likely bogus

50,000 to 60,000: Very hard to believe

40,000 to 50,000:  40,000ish, maybe; 50,000ish, probably not legit

30,000 to 40,000:  30,000ish - Believable; 40,000ish - Very difficult but not impossible

20,000 to 30,000:  Humanly possible

10,000 to 20,000:  Very possible

In the past week, the AARP leaderboard has contained scores of over 70,000 and over 90,000 twice – by the same person.  I’m not buying those at all."

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've wondered about the high scores, too, but how can a person cheat? Doesn't the website confirm their scores?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg