Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Word Wipe Strategy

Message 11 of 19

Did you ever get a reply to your word wipe question?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

I had it cut off in the middle of a game—it just froze, no way to reactivate it that I could see. It was annoying, because for once I was doing well :-). The thing that truly irritates me about the "new games" (or new format) is the screen jumping constantly. If I click on Word Wipes on the "all" games menu, I get Mathdoku, three or four games above Word Wipes. Sometimes it takes two or three tries to get the right game. Also, the Mahjongg games begin to load, then stop, then start again, then go to a white screen, then have to be reloaded all over again. I do not have problems like this (the jumping screen for example) on any other website, so I have to assume it's something that happened with the changeover on the AARP site.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

It is slow to load but don't think I have ever had it cut off in the middle of a game.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

I only figured out the bomb after I had been playing for about a month.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

I find it slow to load, but it never quit mid-game on me.  That's just horrible.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19
Lousy > Slow to load. Often, will not open after loading. Frequently. quits in mid-game. Poor !!!!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

I haven't gotten to 15,000 yet.  Didn't know about 3 of the same letter thing.  Will try that out.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

I can't get above 32,000 or the 15th level, but for what it's worth- You probably know if you clear the board, your score doubles.  Bigger words are worth more points.  You get a bomb after you clear lines in a certain amount of time (I think).  If you have three of the same letters in a row, you can clear them if you want to.  You get a minimum amount of points, but it comes in handy at times.  I feel like there has to be a lot more little things like this that we don't know.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Word Wipe Strategy

Message 19 of 19

I see every day that the leading scorers are in the 40,000 range.  I am far from illiterate, but I rarely score above 11,000.  Is there a strategy, a technique to get more time or more words?  The enormous but consistent discrepancy is a great curiosity.  Any advice?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season