What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Message 1 of 40

The variations on solitaire games are fun and so are the mahjongs.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 40

Hi Gamers! Here's one more question as we head into the weekend. 

What offline games do you most frequently play?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Backgammon

Message 3 of 40

What's the deal...  I have never lost a game here in backgammon and I have never won a game here.  I can't even use the doubling cube...  What's up with that!!!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 40

need mind challenge says my neurologist

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 40

That must've been scary and frustrating!  Glad you're better!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 40

In the winter of 2018, I fell twice and each fall was preceded by my fainting.  But when I was in the emergency room on the first fall, I neglected to tell the treating doctor that I had passed out.  I didn't remember than I had been unconscious until that evening, and realized that I had crossed a minor street to get to my mailbox.  So they did an MRI 3 days later, which showed nothing.  I developed vertigo a day or two after than and began stuttering.  I went to a neurologist, who could find nothing other than possibly some brain imjury due to the hard falls, and she felt on a follow-up visit that I was slowly recovering from the brain injury.  It is now 2020, and I still have verbal problems, but not as severe as stuttering.  I can't remember simple, everyday vocabulary, but have an extensive vocabulary and retained the memory of my more complex vocabulary.  I found that playing solitaire is something my brain remembers very well, and it is slowly improving my memory, as well as my card skills.  My verbal problems may be complicated by something else I am suffering, but my memory is returning.  I also do crosswords and read extensively.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 40

Hi Gamers! Here's one more question as we head into the weekend. 

How have games helped you work through challenges?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 40

Yes! I love how you've written this out. Ballistic is a good way to get out a little aggression! 

@ReneeG815462 wrote:

Trizzle appeals to the girly side of me because: (a) I happen to adore nesting Russian dolls; (b) I am encouraged by their smiles, cheers, and bouncing; and (c) my daily top scores are decent sometimes close to half that day's top scores. The tomboy in me likes Ballistic because it's so fast-moving, with all those little balls bouncing around like an old pinball machine. Even though my Ballistic scores sink, I loooooooove that crashing sound when I lose all the tiles bite the dust. Muhahaha!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 40

Trizzle appeals to the girly side of me because: (a) I happen to adore nesting Russian dolls; (b) I am encouraged by their smiles, cheers, and bouncing; and (c) my daily top scores are decent sometimes close to half that day's top scores. The tomboy in me likes Ballistic because it's so fast-moving, with all those little balls bouncing around like an old pinball machine. Even though my Ballistic scores sink, I loooooooove that crashing sound when I lose all the tiles bite the dust. Muhahaha!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 40

last year,i had a stroke, i like to play these games because they help me to concentrate and use my brains to figer them out

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!