What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your personal story? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 7

Message 21 of 40

I feel that my brain is not as sharp as it should be so I'm hoping I can help improve that w brain games.   I'm only 66 today

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 40

That is funny. I suspect that my game playing just before bedtime keeps me awake.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 40

Hi Everyone My story goes back a long long time. It started out west when I first laid eyes on him a young crooked player who never seemed to lose. We played poker, 3 card monte but his really suspicious playing was black jack. That he could never lose and kept fleecing everyone he played made him a wanted man.  I knew someday our paths would cross. So one day in DeadWood  we were playing in the number 10 saloon and it happened .....we met. At first things were going relatively simple  I won quite a few times and then it happened I couldn't win if I put the cards in my own hand so another player called him out he took all the money and iou's and split town. I vowed that I would get back all the money he took from me. A group of us got together searching all the big towns Abilene, Santa Fe and Dodge only to find out he was run out of town and other groups were searching for him. This maniac needed to be captured.  Time passed   and the trail grew cold it was beginning to look like we were out of luck when I read something about a black jack dealer at a website  it was him the greedy thief  that I was searching for.  I signed up to play watching his every move he hadn't changed just got more people from allot more communities across the U.S. to fall into his trap.  I know I will never find him he could be operating anywhere  I can only hope that some day I am lucky enough to break even

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 40

Good day, bad day, in-between day. All good! Any day you have a few spare minutes to burn, might as well get in a game or two. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 40

Sounds like a lot of you agree with @mlou58 that games can help distract us from our surroundings at least for time. Thanks so much to @sc19114831@suttonnh, @Dinata and  @ps81339067 for weighing in!

And here's another question for the group. 

Does gaming ever give you a sense of accomplishment?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 40

i like to play the games after i eat supper,just before i go to bed because it helps me to relax so i can sleep good.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 40

It's a way of try to think of something other than what's going on. I like brain games and puzzles .

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 40

It transports me through time!  I decide to play a game or two at eight o'clock and the next thing I know it's a quarter after ten.  This might not be a good thing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 40

I have always enjoyed the games but only competing against myself.  I have had several severe head injuries and my neurologist encourages me to play these.  Depending on my stage of recovery depends what I'll take on. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 40

Hello! Here's a question for the group: 

Do you play different games depending on whether you're having a good day or a bad day?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Learn how to improve your problem-solving skills and enter the Love Your Brain sweepstakes from AARP Staying Sharp!

Top Authors